What Ever Happened To????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Ever Happened To????????

I am one of those people that just has an out of the blue thought about something totally unrelated to anything and always like having a place to air my thoughts / concerns. So I thought I would start a thread for all to place their odd thoughts or wonderments. I'll go 1st.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: What Ever Happened To????????

Back when I was in school (the first time) one of the great cheers we had to get basketball games started or to get the team going was the old standard
    "Here we go rabbits, here we go. clap clap"

What ever happened to that crowd chant?????????????????????????????????

All we have right now is

1. DEFENSE (I decided tonight I am never using that one again. every time I have used it in the last two nights and during the football season they seemed to give up a play).

2. LETS GO RABBITS clap clap clap clap clap. Always a good one but it wears out pretty fast any more.

Any thoughts?
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
      Back when I was in school (the first time) one of the great cheers we had to get basketball games started or to get the team going was the old standard
      "Here we go rabbits, here we go. clap clap"

What ever happened to that crowd chant?????????????????????????????????

All we have right now is

1. DEFENSE (I decided tonight I am never using that one again. every time I have used it in the last two nights and during the football season they seemed to give up a play).

2. LETS GO RABBITS clap clap clap clap clap. Always a good one but it wears out pretty fast any more.

Any thoughts?
      It shows up on occasion. Somebody has to start it, though. I think it's generally considered more of a high-school cheer than a college cheer though.

We could try the Big 10-style "GOOOO, JACKS GO clap, clap, clap" for variety, too.

Also, on defense, a lot of places alternate DEFENSE and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............

You don't really need that many cheers, you just need enough people willing to use them (and cheerleaders willing to lead the cheers, of course . . . )
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

"What ever happened to"......

Cowbells?!

Doh!

I honestly don't care a whole lot we can't use them anymore. It was just the first thing that came to mind.

Dang league rules!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Rabbits being tossed out on the floor????????

You mean we can have some big time games and not have crap thrown on the floor?
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

What ever happened to the State Cadence??????

It was great to hear the drum troop belt it out Saturday night with some authority!

The way it is done at the home games now is really poor. It is so slow. Remember the old days when we had a few guys from the drumline there to belt it out and everyone yelled it out? I'm not much for longing for the old days but that is one thing that should come back!

One, two, three, four, tell the people who we're for......

Do you all agree?

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

It was great to hear the drum troop belt it out Saturday night with some authority!

The way it is done at the home games now is really poor. It is so slow. Remember the old days when we had a few guys from the drumline there to belt it out and everyone yelled it out? I'm not much for longing for the old days but that is one thing that should come back!

Do you all agree?

SUPERBUNNY
              I think State Cadence should follow EVERY playing of Ring The Bells by the pep band.

Cheerleaders, are you listening?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

Do you all agree?

SUPERBUNNY

I had forgotten about that. It definetily needs to be brought back.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  I had forgotten about that. It definetily needs to be brought back.

Definitely need to dump that mournful sing-song version that I've heard lately. Bring back the original.
                  An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                  US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X