Summit League Tournament Sellout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament Sellout?

Is anyone else surprised that Day 1 is not sold out and that there are still as many tickets still available as reported? I think there will be a large walk-up crowd and would hope that since we now know both the SDSU Men and Women are in and when they play that sales have been brisk. I can't imagine there could of have been more marketing of the event as you would have to have been in a cave to not know about the tournament. I just wonder if most people in the state understand the significance of hosting this DI tournament and what kind of quality entertainment is going to be in their backyard. I know students on spring break and older fans away for the winter will have some effect.

Re: Summit League Tournament Sellout?

I am thinking that I will be one of those walk up people. I am gone all week so I don't know what the wife will have for me on Saturday, but I am thinking I may be in the crowd.

Comment

What was the number reported available for the Saturday sessions. I have heard nothing other then the conference is thrilled with ticket sales so far.

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        I am thinking that I will be one of those walk up people. I am gone all week so I don't know what the wife will have for me on Saturday, but I am thinking I may be in the crowd.
        For those fans who may have difficulty getting away to attend any games, the SDSU Lawyers Association will, upon request, issue a subpoena commanding you to appear at the tourney. If you wish, we can also issue a Subpoena Duces Tecum which commands you to bring money for popcorn and soda. If any spouse attempts to interfere, we will issue a subpoena to the offending spouse, requiring them to also appear. For assistance call 1-888-SDSULAW. (Hey, just a dumb joke -- the number's made up.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          For those fans who may have difficulty getting away to attend any games, the SDSU Lawyers Association will, upon request, issue a subpoena commanding you to appear at the tourney. If you wish, we can also issue a Subpoena Duces Tecum which commands you to bring money for popcorn and soda. If any spouse attempts to interfere, we will issue a subpoena to the offending spouse, requiring them to also appear. For assistance call 1-888-SDSULAW. (Hey just a dumb joke, the number's made up.)
          I'd say you're giving lawyers a bad name, if y'all didn't already have a bad name.

And, Snookums just dialed the number and got some tax return prep thing.

I hope you're happy. And sufficiently lawyered-up. You'll need it, buddy. Don't mess with Snookums.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Okay, lame attempt at humor...including a made-up number.

Seriously, I know of several who do not have tickets but are planning on purchasing at the door. It will be interesting to see if there's a sellout for the opening couple of days. Jackrabbits in the finals should cause a sellout or near-sellout.

Comment

I just took a look at the SF Arena's website. The stated capacity for basketball is 6,300. I had thought it was about 7,000.

NDSU will bring a lot of fans, especially if the Bison are in the men's finals.

Comment

Working...
              X