Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summit League Non-Conference Breakdown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Non-Conference Breakdown...

I've been keeping track of the Summit League in non-conference play this year and I thought I would post the final results...

Summary
    Home: 8-7
    Road: 14-53
    Neutral: 10-11

vs High-Major: 4-34
    vs Mid-Major: 28-37
    Overall: 32-71

Top 5 Non-Conference Wins
    1. Oakland at UWGB(71)
    2. UMKC vs Bradley(94)*
    3. IUPUI at Seton Hall(107)
    4. Centenary vs Troy(118)*
    5. NDSU at UWM(122)

Bottem 5 Non-Conference Losses
    1. WIU at SEMO(338)
    2. WIU at Kennesaw St(336)
    3. WIU at NIU(319)
    4. UMKC at FAU(312)
    5. WIU vs CCU(302)*

Near Upsets(Games decided by 10 or fewer points against top 100 teams)
    • ORU at Mizzou(13)
    • Centerny at LSU(25)
    • SUU vs Utah State(30)
    • IUPUI at ASU(33)
    • NDSU at USC(58)
    • ORU at USC(58)
    • ORU at Tulsa(62)
    • ORU at UNM(70)
    • Oakland at Cleveland St(75)
    • ORU vs ULAR(85)
    • NDSU vs SFA(89)*
    • SUU vs Weber St(95)
    • SUU at Boise St(97)

*Denotes neutral court game

Breakdown by Conference...
    A10: 0-2
    ACC: 0-2
    ASUN: 2-1
    Big 10: 0-10
    Big 12: 1-9
    Big East: 2-3
    Big Sky: 4-1
    Big South: 0-1
    Big West: 0-2
    CAA: 0-3
    CUSA: 0-2
    Horizon: 3-3
    INDY: 3-1
    MAC: 3-2
    MEAC: 1-0
    MVC: 3-4
    MWC: 0-2
    OVC: 5-3
    PAC 10: 1-3
    SEC: 0-4
    SLC: 1-4
    SOCON: 1-0
    Sun Belt: 1-4
    SWAC: 1-0
    WAC: 0-5

Re: Summit League Non-Conference Breakdown...

I'm going to have to go ahead and say that SDSU win over Iowa State is a top five non conference win.

Comment

Originally posted by nash13 View Post
      I'm going to have to go ahead and say that SDSU win over Iowa State is a top five non conference win.
      Iowa State has a RPI of 152 and a record of 14-15, so according to Fargo Bison's ranking the top 5 non-conference wins, the win against Iowa State wouldn't be a top 5 win.

Comment

Originally posted by nash13 View Post
        SDSU's ISU win was definintely impressive but it just missed being a top 5 RPI win.

Looking at the league's non-conference performance it is amazing that the league only had 15 home games, which is 1.5 per team. A lot of people say the league needs to play tougher schedules but I think the leaugue needs to play more home and neutral court games first. I don't think we do ourselves any favors by just getting pounded on the road over and over again.
        Last edited by FargoBison; 03-03-2009, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          SDSU's ISU win was definintely impressive but it just missed being a top 5 RPI win.

Looking at the leagu'es non-conference performance it is amazing that the league only had 15 home games, which is 1.5 per team. A lot of people say the league needs to pay tougher schedules but I think the leauge needs to play more home and neutral court games first. I don't think we do ourselves any favors by just getting pounded on the road over and over again.
          That number is a bit skewed though, because Centenary did not have a home game due to a remodeling of their gym if I remember correctly. Otherwise, I completely agree with that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
            That number is a bit skewed though, because Centenary did not have a home game due to a remodeling of their gym if I remember correctly. Otherwise, I completely agree with that statement.
            Centenary did have the craziest schedule on Earth, no home games, six high major games, and they also played in a two week long tournament at LSU.

The sad thing is I bet road games will be on the rise next year as teams look for more $$$ thanks to the economy. I'm sure a small private school like Centenary is really feeling the pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Iowa State has a RPI of 152 and a record of 14-15, so according to Fargo Bison's ranking the top 5 non-conference wins, the win against Iowa State wouldn't be a top 5 win.
              Ironically, Iowa State's home loss to SDSU probably played a significant role ind dropping ISU's RPI rating. Any time a Summit League team can win in a Big 12 arena it is huge. The Jacks definitely deserve props for that one.

Comment

The article posted in another thread would suggest more away games as a strategy to boost RPI(which would seem to be consistant with the Summit Plan). The article suggested that, because of the home/away/neutral court modifiers of 0.6/1.4/1.0, it is best to play patsies at home, high-majors away, and beatable high-/mid-majors in neutral court tournaments as a way to inflate your RPI. It sucks for your fans, but it's good for your RPI.

Comment

Working...
                X