Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canton's Peterson

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...02/1002/sports

Amazing story. Peterson was diagnosed with cancer in August of last year. Being able to wrestle period is amazing......what is even more amazing is he will be wrestling for a state championship tonight. Simply amazing.

Re: Canton's Peterson

Peterson was leading in the third period and got caught and was pinned.

The Argus article today said he got a standing ovation during the award ceremony. The kid from Watertown that beat him got booed by some fans. Peterson made a gesture to the crowd to stop that and then gave him a pat on the back.

Noble move Jeremiah.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Peterson was leading in the third period and got caught and was pinned.

The Argus article today said he got a standing ovation during the award ceremony. The kid from Watertown that beat him got booed by some fans. Peterson made a gesture to the crowd to stop that and then gave him a pat on the back.

Noble move Jeremiah.
      Pretty lame of the crowd to boo him, but a real classy move by Peterson to tell them to stop. Thanks for the link to that story.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        Pretty lame of the crowd to boo him, but a real classy move by Peterson to tell them to stop. Thanks for the link to that story.
        Especially on the kid's home mat.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          And I'm sorry, but do you think Peterson would want the championship title if the other wrestlers laid down for him. He would want the other wrestlers to go full steam. Those fans that booed don't even know how "lucky" it was for him to even make state after going through what he did, not to mention not being able to train full strength. Very good story.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I was at the tournament and was obviously pulling for Jeremiah. After he got pinned he handled everything with class, including the awards ceremony. I heard the booing and looked to the area where it was coming from (not Watertown) and could not believe it. He was very classy in defeat and a miracle story for all he went through.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
              I was at the tournament and was obviously pulling for Jeremiah. After he got pinned he handled everything with class, including the awards ceremony. I heard the booing and looked to the area where it was coming from (not Watertown) and could not believe it. He was very classy in defeat and a miracle story for all he went through.
              He was also named Outstanding Wrestler which I would guess maybe has never gone to someone who hasn't won the championship????

It was an awesome story. I still can't believe that the crowd was booing the kid from Watertown. That is just terrible. He as getting beat pretty good and ended up catching Peterson in a head lock. It happens sometimes good wrestlers get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                He was also named Outstanding Wrestler which I would guess maybe has never gone to someone who hasn't won the championship????

It was an awesome story. I still can't believe that the crowd was booing the kid from Watertown. That is just terrible. He as getting beat pretty good and ended up catching Peterson in a head lock. It happens sometimes good wrestlers get caught.
                Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Kocer kid from Wagner won the OW in the B's last year after losing part of his leg. I think he placed second also.

Comment

Working...
                X