Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies

Slumdog Milliionaire: worth the price of admission.

Re: Movies

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Yes, and so is Gran Torino.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Agreed. Good movie.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Thanks I going to see it tonight maybe.

Comment

I am looking forward to checking out Slumdog Millionaire. I also am interested in seeing Milk. I think that looks good too.

On another note:

Not worth the price of a postage stamp - He's Just Not That Into You. It will be a while before I let my girlfriend pick another movie for us to attend. Yikes.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            I am looking forward to checking out Slumdog Millionaire. I also am interested in seeing Milk. I think that looks good too.

On another note:

Not worth the price of a postage stamp - He's Just Not That Into You. It will be a while before I let my girlfriend pick another movie for us to attend. Yikes.
            I should almost deduct rep points for letting your girlfriend convince you to take her to that movie.

(Says the guy who was forced to see Twighlight)

Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

On another note:

Yeah, right.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                I should almost deduct rep points for letting your girlfriend convince you to take her to that movie.

(Says the guy who was forced to see Twighlight)

I see where you are going with that. It was Valentine's Day, making it 1,000,000 times worse. The girl to guy ratio in the theater was approximately 348:9.

EDIT: So my ratio should actually be 116:3. I didn't realize 348 was divisible by 3. No one has ever accused me of being a math whiz.

Comment

got to see Taken today. Thought that was well worth the price of admission, popcorn and pop.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

On another note:

I assume you've had one punch taken from your man card for that one.

Comment

I assume you've had one punch taken from your man card for that one.
                      That movie might be worth at least two punches. I will freely admit that. But with all my grandstanding, 1stRow nailed it when he called me out on not letting her pick movies for awhile. I am sure that will go over well when I try to bring it up.

And RO, I refused to go to Twilight. I made up an excuse, something about homework or something so she saw that one alone. I refuse to watch that.

Comment

I went to Slum Dog Millionaire and what a movie. I am not surprised it won 8 Oscars. Its great story. Its India's equivalent to West Side Story. It's one we will be talking about for a long time. I want everyone reading to go and see it. Its an excellent movie.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 03-08-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I saw this over on MSN when I logged onto the computer.

http://cityguides.msn.com/citylife/c...entid=17796401

I hope that someone will bankroll this idea in South Dakota. I recently attended a movie performance at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin, TX. I use the word performance because it was one of their special events. The movie on the screen was Casablanca and a group of three actor comedians spent the entire time making fun of the movie, about everything from stupid plot deviations to the wide variety of lamps used tin the movie set for Rick's bar. If you saw the movie you may remember the scene where the Nazis try to monopolize the bar when they start belting out a bold Nazi song while gathered around the piano. The rest of the clientele in the bar joined the orchestra in singing a French patriotic song, perhaps their national anthem. Right after this scene the comedians had the projectionist stop the movie and re-enacted this scene in the theater but instead of Nazi and French songs, used the fight songs from Texas A&M and the University of Texas. Those Texans are really quite serious about their football and their rivalries. I don't relate the story well. I guess you have to have been there.

Most of the time they just show the movie and serve food and beverages.
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                            I saw this over on MSN when I logged onto the computer.

http://cityguides.msn.com/citylife/c...entid=17796401

I hope that someone will bankroll this idea in South Dakota. I recently attended a movie performance at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin, TX. I use the word performance because it was one of their special events. The movie on the screen was Casablanca and a group of three actor comedians spent the entire time making fun of the movie, about everything from stupid plot deviations to the wide variety of lamps used tin the movie set for Rick's bar. If you saw the movie you may remember the scene where the Nazis try to monopolize the bar when they start belting out a bold Nazi song while gathered around the piano. The rest of the clientele in the bar joined the orchestra in singing a French patriotic song, perhaps their national anthem. Right after this scene the comedians had the projectionist stop the movie and re-enacted this scene in the theater but instead of Nazi and French songs, used the fight songs from Texas A&M and the University of Texas. Those Texans are really quite serious about their football and their rivalries. I don't relate the story well. I guess you have to have been there.

Most of the time they just show the movie and serve food and beverages.
                            Ripping off Joel Hodgson and Mystery Science Theater 3000 (from Eden Prairie, MN, in fact), I see . . .

Fans of the concept may want to look into Cinematic Titanic (made up of the aforementioned Hodgson and many more MST3K alums) or RiffTrax, by Mike Nelson (MST3K's long-time head writer, and the guy who followed Joel as the victim in the Satellite of Love).
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Movies ANGELS AND DEMONS

Angels and Demons:

Being a life long Lutheran, I been taught not to get too wild about taking a trip to Rome to view all those idols, but after watching this movie, I would be willing and able to take a trip to Rome and would love to spend weeks touring the Vatican and other sites. Ron Howard aka Opie and Richtie really has a neat prodution in this movie. The story is a little hard to follow, but Tom Hanks really keeps you interested. It centers around a selection of a new pope and the conflict between religion and science. I really enjoyed the movie and in my opinion it is not Anti-Roman Catholic. I am not up on comtemporary authors, but the movie is based a novel by Dan Brown who also wrote the Divinci Codes.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 05-21-2009, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X