Murray State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray State

The Baseball team had a three game series this weekend. Went 1-2 against Murray State.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3676698
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Murray State

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    The Baseball team had a three game series this weekend. Went 1-2 against Murray State.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3676698
    Might be a tough season as they are replacing a significant portion of their lineup from last year, I think something like 5 starters.

However they did hit well. I believe the outhit Murray State every game. The stranded a ton of runners as they couldn't get a clutch hit.

Does anyone know if Tyler Merriam is going to be calling baseball games after the basketball season is over?

Comment

Defense was stellar, pitching was good.....as you said, we stranded a lot of baserunners. 13 in game one 11 in game 2 and 8 in game 3. A couple of timely hits away from a sweep.

Comment

I was also wondering if any games will be on the radio this year. I sure hope so, I love listening to the games. Tyler does a great job calling baseball games.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Tyler will not but someone else will

Comment

I personally will be very disappointed if we do not hire Richie Price when the new AD is in place. I met Richie at a function, and he seems to be very motivated, and the kind of coach we need. His father has been at Kansas forever so Richie has grown up in a baseball household and that can not hurt us. But I suppose how he handles this season will have a considerable impact on that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              I was also wondering if any games will be on the radio this year. I sure hope so, I love listening to the games. Tyler does a great job calling baseball games.
              Yes, the games will have radio coverage again this year. However, it will not be Tyler Merriam doing the play by play. I think it will be long time sports caster Dellas Cole. Tyler has taken a job in Rapid City and will be leaving Brookings after the WBB season comes to an end. Whenever that is? Hopefully well into the NCAA tournament. Tyler does his homework prior to the game and by his play by play one would assume he loves baseball.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I believe he will be working for Post 22 Baseball program.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                  Yes, the games will have radio coverage again this year. However, it will not be Tyler Merriam doing the play by play. I think it will be long time sports caster Dellas Cole. Tyler has taken a job in Rapid City and will be leaving Brookings after the WBB season comes to an end. Whenever that is? Hopefully well into the NCAA tournament. Tyler does his homework prior to the game and by his play by play one would assume he loves baseball.

GBGBGJ
                  Tyler loves baseball, he loves sports in general. He grew up down the street from me and would do play by play when we would play wiffle ball. He's always wanted to work for a radio and do play by play.

He did play by play for the Legion team when he was in high school, so he's had practice and has gotten pretty good at it.

Comment

Working...
                  X