All Star Games Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Star Games Worth It?

With the recent all star games in fb bb and hockey, are they really worth it when you see the scores. 145 to something in bb, double digits both teams in hockey. What do you think.

Re: All Star Games Worth It?

I think these things will disappear when they can no longer sell tickets. I would tend to believe that dollars are what these games are about. The MLB game seems to get a lot of publicity with the fans getting to vote and vote often for their individual stars.

I have not followed the NBA much but I suspect there are fans who will pay to see this game as well as most of the other all star games for other sports.

Even NCAA D2 has an all star game for football and this game gives exposure for the top players in front of NFL Scouts, so this game does have value to D2. The attendence according to the below link was just over 6000. Of course have local players in the game helps locally, but Kingsville loves football any day of the year. This game was in Fargo for a year or two before NDSU move up to D1.

http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jan/10/third-and-won/

Comment

I haven't watched the NFL Pro-Bowl for so many years. The only thing good about the NBA All-Star game is the dunk contest. MLB just seems to be a Yankees game against the NL, with half the Yankees not deserving to make it. That's the only thing about letting fans vote multiple times.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I am not a fan of the fans having the vote. Like you said, players that make it may or may not deserve to make it. Who ever has the largest faan bases will always rule the All Star games for that reason. What was the AL starting line up last year? 8 players from the Yankees and Red Sox along with Mauer? Thats just disgusting when two teams mainly make up the starting rosters. Just leave it up to the sports writers and coaches to decide. That is probably the most fair way to do it. Let the fans vote in one to three players that deserve it but got left out. Oh, and get out the rule that every team has an All Start represented in baseball. That takes away spots from people that deserve to make it.

Comment

Working...
        X