Parker Douglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker Douglass

Saw this in the Argus talking about the Storm. Hope Parker get the job.

"There are still several holes to fill. Kicker Adam Hicks is gone, and South Dakota State grad Parker Douglas hopes to win the job over USD alum Cody Butler."

Re: Parker Douglas

According to Coach Riggs of the Storm, Parker got invited to Saints camp. Heard it on Craig and John this afternoon.

Comment

Parker signed with the Browns as a Free Agent.

Good pick of him in orange and brown.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/player.php?id=3835

Comment

Sounds like Douglas is making the most of his time in Cleveland.

http://cle.scout.com/2/871588.html

Comment

Nice article about Parker and his kick-off with Dawson. Hope he wins the job.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Parker has just enough confidence in himself to not be "awed" kicking off with Dawson. Hope he wins.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              Sounds like Douglas is making the most of his time in Cleveland.

http://cle.scout.com/2/871588.html
              Nice find on Parker. I was a tiny bit miffed at their reference to SDSU.

Douglass, who played at tiny South Dakota State and then professionally in an off-the-main-drag indoor league...

Sure we are not part of the BCS, but we do have a track record both on the field and with players in the NFL. Not to mention a future Hall of Fame kicker.

Comment

Re: Parker Douglass

Good Sign for Parker?

http://fantasy.ballhype.com/story/tw...sed_on_what_i/

Comment

On the "tiny" SDSU comment: SDSU's enrollment is greater than several BCS schools. Comments like that tell you something about the writer's inability/unwillingness to research and the likelihood the person doesn't get out much.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    On the "tiny" SDSU comment: SDSU's enrollment is greater than several BCS schools. Comments like that tell you something about the writer's inability/unwillingness to research and the likelihood the person doesn't get out much.

Write the author an email. Stuff like this perpetuates if it doesn't get answered. Enough will get his attention.

Comment

I think "Tiny" is just author shorthand for "I've never heard of them before."

OTOH, I think the only BCS school of consequence (in football at least) with a smaller enrollment than SDSU is Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        OTOH, I think the only BCS school of consequence (in football at least) with a smaller enrollment than SDSU is Notre Dame.
                        I understand what you are saying, but narrowing down the Bowl Championship Subdivision (BCS) to "schools of consequence" doesn't provide much of an identity for all the BCS schools. In the WAC alone, there are four universities who are "tiny" by the writers definition: TCU (8696), Rice (5339), Tulsa (4192) and University of Idaho (11,636)...all smaller than SDSU. If the writer had said "SDSU...a recent entrant into Division I's FCS", it would have been far better than "tiny". We aren't big...but we certainly are not "tiny".

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          I understand what you are saying, but narrowing down the Bowl Championship Subdivision (BCS) to "schools of consequence" doesn't provide much of an identity for all the BCS schools. In the WAC alone, there are four universities who are "tiny" by the writers definition: TCU (8696), Rice (5339), Tulsa (4192) and University of Idaho (11,636)...all smaller than SDSU. If the writer had said "SDSU...a recent entrant into Division I's FCS", it would have been far better than "tiny". We aren't big...but we certainly are not "tiny".
                          I believe, off the top of my head, that Wake Forest and Duke are both smaller than SDSU now too. Baylor may be, too, but I'm not quite as sure about that. And yeah, I realize that the non-state schools in the BCS tend not to be the powers there.

But I do agree with the assessment that a lot of people use the word "tiny" as a synonym for "not constantly on ESPN" regardless of any other considerations.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Of course, TCU, Tulsa, Idaho and Rice aren't in a BCS conference--and I think Tulsa & Rice are in C-USA, and TCU is in the Mountain West in any event.

Baylor, Duke, Vandy and Wake Forest are all smaller than SDSU as well... And all the service academies are smaller. Most of the Catholic BB schools are smaller as well (Xavier, Seton Hall, the assorted Loyolas, Gonzaga, etc.)

Comment

At any rate, looking forward to having maybe two SDSU kickers on my fantasy team this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X