• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU 31st in FCS attendance

SDSU 31st in FCS attendance
    the associated press • February 16, 2009
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...DATES/90216046

South Dakota State University ranked 31st in the nation among 118 Division I Football Championship Subdivision schools in football attendance last season.

The Jackrabbits drew 59,439 people to six home football games in 2008, averaging 9,907 per game.

The team finished its season 6-2 in the Missouri Valley Football Conference and 7-5 overall.

North Dakota State ranked sixth in attendance last season.
    MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
    http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
    http://gojacks.com

Re: SDSU 31st in FCS attendance

next year with NDSU down at C.A.S you should move up in that category.

YOU"RE WELCOME.

Comment

last time I looked, both teams have attendance records when the other has visited thank you very much.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post

YOU"RE WELCOME.
        No, Lakesbison your have it wrong! Your welcome. It seems to me that the Jacks have been the dominate team the last few years. You have a limit on attendance at your INDOOR facility - we do not. Bring the Bison fans down and don't forget your money.

Brookings S.D. holder of the Dakota Marker. Come visit it when you have time.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          No, Lakesbison your have it wrong! Your welcome. It seems to me that the Jacks have been the dominate team the last few years. You have a limit on attendance at your INDOOR facility - we do not. Bring the Bison fans down and don't forget your money.

Brookings S.D. holder of the Dakota Marker. Come visit it when you have time.

GBGBGJ
          Please don't feed the troll any longer!

Comment

YOU"RE WELCOME.
            I actually have to agree with Lakesbison. The game after this is Hobo Days and the Beef and Cereal Bowls are already done. The game this one relates to(last year) was the Cal Poly game. There were only 8,300 people at that game. There should be 15,000 for the NDSU game(if SDSU has enough seats). That would increase average attendance by about 1,200/game. I just wish NDSU played here in November, they will show up and other people don't for those games. Bigger crowds and they don't play as well in cold weather.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              I actually have to agree with Lakesbison. The game after this is Hobo Days and the Beef and Cereal Bowls are already done. The game this one relates to(last year) was the Cal Poly game. There were only 8,300 people at that game. There should be 15,000 for the NDSU game(if SDSU has enough seats). That would increase average attendance by about 1,200/game. I just wish NDSU played here in November, they will show up and other people don't for those games. Bigger crowds and they don't play as well in cold weather.
              I believe Stig said yesterday in SF that the NDSU game is on the pheasant opener, so it should make a big difference in what attendance otherwise would have been on that date by having NDSU as the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                I believe Stig said yesterday in SF that the NDSU game is on the pheasant opener, so it should make a big difference in what attendance otherwise would have been on that date by having NDSU as the opponent.
                I'm just worried CAS is going to be filled with 60% NDSU fans due to the opener. It would be pretty embarassing to have more green in the crowd than yellow and blue.
                “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

Teachable moment:

It is Hobo Day. No s at the end. Hobo Week leads to Hobo Day. A school to the South of us has Dakota Days, we have Hobo Day.

Not picking on you 91 just using your post as a teachable moment.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                    Teachable moment:

It is Hobo Day. No s at the end. Hobo Week leads to Hobo Day. A school to the South of us has Dakota Days, we have Hobo Day.

Not picking on you 91 just using your post as a teachable moment.

Go State!
                    Some people, its more of a HOBO DAZE.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If not for the horrible weather for the Ill St game we would have averaged 10K.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Our football attendance has come a long way in a short time. I am a2004 graduate and I remember when I was a student we usually got 10K for Hobo Day and it was not uncommon to get 3-4K for an NCC game even if the weather was nice. The last 3 seasons we have averaged very close to 10K. I think attendance will continue to increase. Fans will become more familiar with opponents. We really haven't had much continuity in our schedule since the jump to D-I. We haven't had a rich tradition. We are building one. Everyone on this board wants to beat up the football program, the athletic department, students, fans, etc. because post-Hobo Day crowds are small. They are improving and quite frankly they match our typical crowds in the NCC days. I expect next season to be a record setter. Only 1 game after Hobo Day, a rivalry game on Pheasant Opener (we need to be having a bye or road game that weekend), and a huge game late season (SIU). The numbers will continue to get better. It will be slow, but I expect in the next 5 years will be averaging 12-13K per game.
                        Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                          Our football attendance has come a long way in a short time. I am a2004 graduate and I remember when I was a student we usually got 10K for Hobo Day and it was not uncommon to get 3-4K for an NCC game even if the weather was nice. The last 3 seasons we have averaged very close to 10K. I think attendance will continue to increase. Fans will become more familiar with opponents. We really haven't had much continuity in our schedule since the jump to D-I. We haven't had a rich tradition. We are building one. Everyone on this board wants to beat up the football program, the athletic department, students, fans, etc. because post-Hobo Day crowds are small. They are improving and quite frankly they match our typical crowds in the NCC days. I expect next season to be a record setter. Only 1 game after Hobo Day, a rivalry game on Pheasant Opener (we need to be having a bye or road game that weekend), and a huge game late season (SIU). The numbers will continue to get better. It will be slow, but I expect in the next 5 years will be averaging 12-13K per game.
                          I hope you are right! With continued improvement and success, I agree we will be at 12-13K.

Comment

YOU"RE WELCOME.
                            That is cool, your fans should watch the beating you will get in person, plus it maybe the only way they can see the Dakota Marker in person for a while.

Come one come all, and bring your Visa. Because you can't get into C.A.S. for free and you can't see the Dakota Marker in Fargo.
                            MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                            http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                            http://gojacks.com

Comment

Not a smack thread.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X