X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coming to see you guys

GSU fan coming to the game in Sept. where do I stay and what is fun

Re: coming to see you guys

GSU, glad to have you come our way. Okay, I'm not a young guy but I would encourage you to look at the Brookings Chamber of Commerce website for lodging:

www.brookingssd.com

I'd suggest any hotel on the east side of Interstate 29 ... Super 8, Fairfield, Holiday Inn Express. As for night life, go downtown Brookings. Great main street. If you want to experience good SDSU folks (and to eat) go to Cubbies. Sure, there are other hangouts (Skinners, O'hares, etc.) but you will feel very much at home in Cubbies.

I look forward to football.

Comment

Thanks, look forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
        GSU, glad to have you come our way. Okay, I'm not a young guy but I would encourage you to look at the Brookings Chamber of Commerce website for lodging:

www.brookingssd.com

I'd suggest any hotel on the east side of Interstate 29 ... Super 8, Fairfield, Holiday Inn Express. As for night life, go downtown Brookings. Great main street. If you want to experience good SDSU folks (and to eat) go to Cubbies. Sure, there are other hangouts (Skinners, O'hares, etc.) but you will feel very much at home in Cubbies.

I look forward to football.
        The Comfort Inn on the west side of I-29 is also pretty good and a reasonable price. I have stayed once each at a couple of other motels on the west side of I-29 and once was enough for me.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

There's a new Hampton Inn on the East side of I-29 also. Should be able to make reservations there pretty quick if you can't do it online already.

As far as game day I would suggest going to the Backyard tailgating area. Either wonder around and meet random people or post again before the game and I'm sure you will be able to come hang out in one of our tailgate camps.

After the game go downtown, Cubbies would probably have the most civil people, but any of the bars will try to show you a good time. Just make sure you get a piece of George's Pizza, nothing better to eat in Brookings after a few drinks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
            There's a new Hampton Inn on the East side of I-29 also. Should be able to make reservations there pretty quick if you can't do it online already.

As far as game day I would suggest going to the Backyard tailgating area. Either wonder around and meet random people or post again before the game and I'm sure you will be able to come hang out in one of our tailgate camps.

After the game go downtown, Cubbies would probably have the most civil people, but any of the bars will try to show you a good time. Just make sure you get a piece of George's Pizza, nothing better to eat in Brookings after a few drinks!
            Dont forget to stop by Nicks for a Brookings legendary bag of burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post

Cooks Kitchen is also an option for some late night grub now since it is open late on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Cooks Kitchen is also an option for some late night grub now since it is open late on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
                It is, what are the hours? I was unaware of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  It is, what are the hours? I was unaware of this.

They are open from 10:00 PM-2:00 PM the next day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The other days, they are open from 6:00 AM-2:00 PM. It is now owned by Greg (last name escapes me), who also owns Skinners.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    They are open from 10:00 PM-2:00 PM the next day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The other days, they are open from 6:00 AM-2:00 PM. It is now owned by Greg (last name escapes me), who also owns Skinners.
                    I was hoping you were going to tell me it was open when the bars are closing. Now that would cause a line to be going out the door every Friday and Saturday night!

Comment

I was hoping you were going to tell me it was open when the bars are closing. Now that would cause a line to be going out the door every Friday and Saturday night!
                      It is open when the bars are closing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Pretty packed place at 2 a.m.

Comment

10 pm to 2 pm the next day so they are open through the night Thu - Saturday. I think its a great idea.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Where is Cooks Kitchen located?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                            Where is Cooks Kitchen located?
                            Across the street from Cubby's.
                            Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                              Across the street from Cubby's.
                              Just north of Skinner's then?