Spring Practice/Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Practice/Injuries

When does Spring Practice start, and which players are dealing with lingering injuries? I know it's only Feb 10th, but I need a football fix!

Re: Spring Practice/Injuries

When is the Spring Scrimmage Game?

Comment

Practice was supposed to start this weekend. I am not positive but I would look to somewhere around April 25 for the Spring game.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Practice did start today, and yes the spring game is on April 25th, the same day as the spring Volleyball Tourney.

Comment

A little pessimism in the title? (Injuries? .. maybe there won't be any!).

Comment

I drove by today and they were doing drills. Perfect day for football. A football player told me they were having two spring scrimmages. One in Rapid City.

Comment

I'm anxious to see the two new quarterbacks Mondol and Whittier in action.

Comment

I had the chance to observe practice on Saturday. As far as injuries go, Claire was quite inactive with the wrist/arm/hand problem. Fox also was in a yellow jersey, which i know nothing about. Other than that, everyone seemed capable. I concentrated mostly on the QB's and wideouts and let me tell ya....O' Brien was very impressive. Very accurate and crazy velocity as well. Crawford looked in pain everytime he threw and did not have much velocity on any of his throws. He was also messing around with his wrist after every throw. Whittier and Mondol were also impressive with Whittier looking a little bit more composed and accurate. But, many other factors go into deciding a starting QB. As of now, i think its O' Briens to lose.
                The good lord put your eyes in the front of your head rather than the back so you can see where your going, not where ya been.- Dr. Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by gobiggoblue View Post
                  I had the chance to observe practice on Saturday. As far as injuries go, Claire was quite inactive with the wrist/arm/hand problem. Fox also was in a yellow jersey, which i know nothing about. Other than that, everyone seemed capable. I concentrated mostly on the QB's and wideouts and let me tell ya....O' Brien was very impressive. Very accurate and crazy velocity as well. Crawford looked in pain everytime he threw and did not have much velocity on any of his throws. He was also messing around with his wrist after every throw. Whittier and Mondol were also impressive with Whittier looking a little bit more composed and accurate. But, many other factors go into deciding a starting QB. As of now, i think its O' Briens to lose.
                  Fox had shoulder surgery after the season ended. They're probably taking it slow with him.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by nash13 View Post
                    A football player told me they were having two spring scrimmages. One in Rapid City.
                    Thats a fact

Comment

Yes, the practice/scrimmage event that they had done the past couple of years in Sioux Falls will be in Rapid City this year. While I don't like not getting to see it, I think it is a great thing for the team and Rapid City.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Sounds like an opportunity to do some extra team building. Plus, how many of these kids are from places not familiar with South Dakota. It gives these kids a chance to see a little more of what our state is about. I love the opportunity to drive 10 minutes to Howard Wood to catch a practice but I think this is a great idea and a very good opportunity for all involved to get together.

Sort of a Remember the Titans thing without the pain, suffering and tension
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Having a spring game in Rapid City is a good way to expand SDSU's recruiting base, too. The Black Hills has produced some good athletes in a variety of sports.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Can Idahojack or someone change the title of this thread. I don't think we should be keeping a running tally of injuries and rather focus on developments in Spring Practice.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Can Idahojack or someone change the title of this thread. I don't think we should be keeping a running tally of injuries and rather focus on developments in Spring Practice.
                              You could go and change the thread title, but lets face it, if there is an injury in the spring practices/games and someone on this board knows about it they are going to post.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X