2009 Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Schedules

If you want to check out all of the MVFC schedules for 2009, click here.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: 2009 Schedules

Boy, Georgia Southern, Minnesota, and Cal-Poly are pretty good OOC games. I see NDSU has Iowa State. They must still be working on one more game. The thing that surprises me is the first 2 weeks are bye weeks for SDSU. It is always nice to see an open date during the year to get healthy. Actually, the first week is a bye for all the teams.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

NDSU finally got the schedule done....

DATE OPPONENT TIME
      Sept. 3 at Iowa State TBA
      Sept. 12 at Sam Houston State 6 p.m.
      Sept. 19 WAGNER 6 p.m.
      Sept. 26 *at Southern Illinois 6 p.m.
      Oct. 3 *ILLINOIS STATE 1 p.m. (Homecoming)
      Oct. 10 *NORTHERN IOWA 6 p.m.
      Oct. 17 *at South Dakota State 6 p.m.
      Oct. 24 *MISSOURI STATE 6 p.m. (Harvest Bowl)
      Oct. 31 *at Western Illinois 1:05 p.m.
      Nov. 14 *at Indiana State 12:05 p.m.
      Nov. 21 *YOUNGSTOWN STATE 6 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

DATE OPPONENT TIME
        Sept. 19 WAGNER 6 p.m.
        Wagner? Hmmmm
        Bison three Out of Conference games pale to the Jacks' Minnesota, Georgia Southern, Cal Poly matchups.

Comment

I'm still not sure which is smarter. My guess is if SDSU would have had NDSU's OOC schedule last year they end up in the playoffs.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

DATE OPPONENT TIME
            Sept. 19 WAGNER 6 p.m.
            Wagner is a little weak but Sam Houston State and Iowa State are about right for out of conference schedule, especially when the conference schedule is rough enough the way it is.

I understand that the late scheduling led to Wagner being on the schedule, but when all possible, my thought is it's probably best to get a middle of the pack team for an OOC game. Not even so much for strength of schedule purposes, but rather so the team doesn't have such a disparity in competition between games (Southern Illinois >>> Wagner)... but then again, maybe the Bison's schedule is the best idea since buffalo sauce (mmmm... wings), who really knows?!!
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Looks like Wagner got $150k for coming to Fargo, that is a big check. Its not the most exciting game but at least they are a DI, and a team needs 7 DI wins to get a playoff look.

I will add that besides the 2 for 1 with Delaware, I like how you guys schedule. Your schedule last year was amazing.
              Last edited by FargoBison; 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Here is the almost complete 2009 MVFC non-conference breakdown...

Ind. St: @ Louisville, EIU,
                Ill. St: @EIU, @Illinois, Austin Peay
                MSU: @Arkansas, UT-Martin, Murray State
                NDSU: @Iowa State, @Sam Houston, Wagner
                SDSU: Georgia Southern, @Cal Poly, @Minnesota
                SIU: @Marshall, Southwest Baptist, @SEMO
                UNI: @Iowa, USD, St Francis
                WIU: @Sam Houston, @Northern Ill., SFA
                YSU: @Pitt, Austin Peay, @Northeastern

FBS:9

CAA: 1
                GWFC: 2
                NEC: 2
                OVC: 7
                SLC: 3
                SoCon: 1

Non-DI: 1

Comment

If you want to see an example of how not to schedule look no further than SIU. They have one FBS game and one non-DI, which could very well force them to go 8-1 in the rest of their games.

Comment

Looks like Wagner got $150k for coming to Fargo, that is a big check. Its not the most exciting game but at least they are a DI, and a team needs 7 DI wins to get a playoff look.

I will add that besides the 2 for 1 with Delaware, I like how you guys schedule. Your schedule last year was amazing.
                    Its called buying a win. I hope the players and Bohl send the boosters a thank you note. Kind of a catch-22 for Bison fans. You give money, you buy tickets, then you have to go and watch the money you gave be spent to pay for a beat down of an inferior team from the same subdivision. Buying the win against Wagner may or may not work out for the Bison.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Its called buying a win. I hope the players and Bohl send the boosters a thank you note. Kind of a catch-22 for Bison fans. You give money, you buy tickets, then you have to go and watch the money you gave be spent to pay for a beat down of an inferior team from the same subdivision. Buying the win against Wagner may or may not work out for the Bison.
                      The University of Montana has been doing it for years! I hope we never schedule them unless it's one trip to Brookings with no return.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        The University of Montana has been doing it for years! I hope we never schedule them unless it's one trip to Brookings with no return.
                        I don't know if I would compare NDSU to Buyout U, NDSU at least makes it clear that the teams we schedule won't get a home game and are paid well.

It does sound like our AD was trying to get a game with Maine or Delaware State but things didn't work out.

Comment

Next year looks good to me. GSU at home is winnable against a high quality opponent. Cal Poly on the road is winnable, too (thank heavens Dally and Barden are gone). I suppose it would be nice to have an easier game in there somewhere, but I think our program has matured to the point where these aren't inordinately difficult games.

Regarding NDSU: Wagner? Meh. What a waste of a home game for fans. But Sam Houston isn't an easy road win.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Look at the top 10 FCS teams from last year's final TSN rankings and see how many of those don't schedule a cupcake, non-conference game at home.

School: Opponent, score, opponents record, opponents conference
                            Richmond: Georgetown, 48-0, 2-8 record, Patriot
                            Montana: Southern Utah, 46-10, 4-7 record, GWFC
                            James Madison: North Carolina Central, 56-7, 4-7 record, FCS independent
                            UNI: South Dakota, 24-13, 6-5 record as a transitional school, GWFC
                            Appalacian State: Presbyterian, 48-14, 4-8 record, FCS independent
                            Villanova: Lehigh, 33-14, 5-6 record, Patriot League
                            Weber State: Montana Western, 62-6, D2 or D3 school
                            ...................Dixie State, 44-7, D2 or D3 School
                            New Hampshire: Dartmouth, 42-6, 0-10 record, Ivy leagy
                            Wofford: Presbyterian, 38-21, 4-8 record, FCS independent
                            Cal Poly: North Carolina Central, 49-3, 4-7 record, FCS independent
                            .............Idaho State, 49-10, 1-11 record, Big Sky

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                              Look at the top 10 FCS teams from last year's final TSN rankings and see how many of those don't schedule a cupcake, non-conference game at home.

School: Opponent, score, opponents record, opponents conference
                              Richmond: Georgetown, 48-0, 2-8 record, Patriot
                              Montana: Southern Utah, 46-10, 4-7 record, GWFC
                              James Madison: North Carolina Central, 56-7, 4-7 record, FCS independent
                              UNI: South Dakota, 24-13, 6-5 record as a transitional school, GWFC
                              Appalacian State: Presbyterian, 48-14, 4-8 record, FCS independent
                              Villanova: Lehigh, 33-14, 5-6 record, Patriot League
                              Weber State: Montana Western, 62-6, D2 or D3 school
                              ...................Dixie State, 44-7, D2 or D3 School
                              New Hampshire: Dartmouth, 42-6, 0-10 record, Ivy leagy
                              Wofford: Presbyterian, 38-21, 4-8 record, FCS independent
                              Cal Poly: North Carolina Central, 49-3, 4-7 record, FCS independent
                              .............Idaho State, 49-10, 1-11 record, Big Sky
                              How many pay $150,000 and don't return the game? I'm guessing ZERO but I could be wrong. You're hoping to buy a win in an attempt to improve your chances at a playoff bid. Its not that hard to admit it, is it?
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X