Mike Breske hired at NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Breske hired at NDSU

Announcements have just started to come in that Mike Breske has been hired as our new defensive coordinator. I understand that he is an SDSU alum. Any thoughts, comments? We know he followed Joe Glenn around for quite a while until they were all sacked by Wyoming.

Re: Mike Breske hired at NDSU

D Cord for National Champion Montana

just got turned down in interviews at Maryland and Stanford... nice company for NDSU to be battling with...

Comment

He was up for the head job at SDSU when Stig was hired. Knows his football. Good to see another SDSU graduate trying to help out the Bison.

Comment

This will be Mike's first job that does not involve Joe Glenn. Mike did a great job at Northern Colorado and Montana, but know nothing about his performance at Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post

just got turned down in interviews at Maryland and Stanford... nice company for NDSU to be battling with...
          Hey lakes, can you really call it battling with if the other guys said nah?
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Yeah and I got a postcard that says I won 12 million in a lottery too, I just have to mail them a few bucks and they will send me my prize.

Comment

Seems like a classic case of if you can't beat 'em, hire their alum. Not smack, just fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                This will be Mike's first job that does not involve Joe Glenn. Mike did a great job at Northern Colorado and Montana, but know nothing about his performance at Wyoming.
                He was a bright spot on Wyoming's coaching staff. Our defense was good after years of being bad under Keonning (2000-2002). Our problem was with our offense. It was so predictable a USD Coyote fan could figure it out.

Wyoming fans wished he stayed but.....

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Seems like a classic case of if you can't beat 'em, hire their alum. Not smack, just fact.

Umm how many times have you won in Fargo the last 40 years? What is the overall record of the bunnies against the Bison? How many national Championships in Mens football do you have? Not smack just fact!

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
                    Umm how many times have you won in Fargo the last 40 years? What is the overall record of the bunnies against the Bison? How many national Championships in Mens football do you have? Not smack just fact!
                    Bison fans like to live in the past, here's some more present facts.
                    The Bison haven't won at Coughlin since 1999, almost 10 years now.
                    The Bison haven't won a national championship since 1990, almost 20 years now.
                    The Jacks have won 3 of the 5 Dakota Marker Battles and is the only team to win it on the road.
                    The Jacks have finished ahead of the Bison in conference play for two straight years.

I have a feeling that we'll be adding to this list this year.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                      He was a bright spot on Wyoming's coaching staff. Our defense was good after years of being bad under Keonning (2000-2002). Our problem was with our offense. It was so predictable a USD Coyote fan could figure it out.

Wyoming fans wished he stayed but.....
                      I am not surprised. D seems to be Mike's speciality. I tend to think NDSU was a little down in D this year. One coach did not get his contract renewed, and the Co ordinator left, I believe so not surprised they scooped up Breske. SDSU will have to outwit the Breske D in order to keep the Dakota Marker trophy in Brookings. We seem to have problems with Breske's defense when we played Northern Colorado in the old NCC. Maybe things will be different this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                        Bison fans like to live in the past, here's some more present facts.
                        The Bison haven't won at Coughlin since 1999, almost 10 years now.
                        The Bison haven't won a national championship since 1990, almost 20 years now.
                        The Jacks have won 3 of the 5 Dakota Marker Battles and is the only team to win it on the road.
                        The Jacks have finished ahead of the Bison in conference play for two straight years.

I have a feeling that we'll be adding to this list this year.
                        What he said. Breske was a candidate for our head coaching job. He has had success as a coordinator, best of luck to him with this assignment. Seems like a whale of a signing. Why would a guy choose Stanford or Maryland when the mighty Bison are courting him? Give me a break. From "we should get consideration for a bowl game" to "you keep getting lucky and beating us" to "our recruiting class is as good as USC's" to "coaches choose the Bison over Stanford and Maryland".....whats coming next?
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I tend to think NDSU was a little down in D this year. One coach did not get his contract renewed, and the Co ordinator left, I believe so not surprised they scooped up Breske. SDSU will have to outwit the Breske D in order to keep the Dakota Marker trophy in Brookings. We seem to have problems with Breske's defense when we played Northern Colorado in the old NCC. Maybe things will be different this time around.

Statistically, the Bison defense was one of the very best in FCS (1st in passing YPG, 5th in total YPG and 20th in PPG) and gave up fewer ppg in '08 than in '07 even with the very down offensive year. Our former defensive coordinator is now under Monte Kiffin at Tennessee!

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post

Calm down. Jacks are taking good care of the Marker.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                              Statistically, the Bison defense was one of the very best in FCS (1st in passing YPG, 5th in total YPG and 20th in PPG) and gave up fewer ppg in '08 than in '07 even with the very down offensive year. Our former defensive coordinator is now under Monte Kiffin at Tennessee!

Maybe not for long if Kiffin keeps opening his yap.

Comment

Working...
                              X