• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Women's BB loses to D-III UW-Eau Claire

Well, well, well...look what we have here:

Wisconsin-Eau Claire stops USD
    Cold-shooting Coyotes have lost four of five
    Matt Dahlseid • For the Argus Leader • February 9, 2009

VERMILLION - Coming off a tough conference loss Saturday, the Division III Wisconsin-Eau Claire women were looking Sunday for a strong showing against the University of South Dakota.

Eau Claire more than made up for its 69-63 loss Saturday at Wisconsin-River Falls. The Bluegolds sent the Coyotes to their fourth loss in five games, 62-50.

USD was 4-for-25 from 3-point range and shot 32 percent overall.

The Blugolds (19-3), who are ranked No. 5 in Division III, built a 24-21 lead on USD (13-7) at the half and led the rest of the way.

USD head coach Ryun Williams said he could see his players starting to press when Eau Claire began to extend its second-half advantage.
    "We just couldn't get in any type of rhythm offensively," Williams said. "I thought there were a couple times where we could have just made one run to get the crowd going and it could have been a different story.

"We just put way too much pressure on our defense today because the ball wouldn't go in."

USD connected early on three 3-pointers, with Kara Iverson's second in a row providing for a 15-10 lead. But Eau Claire tied the game at 17-17 on a 3-pointer by Pam Kaye with 8 minutes, 30 seconds left in the half.
    The Coyotes scored only four points the remainder of the half.

(read more)
    Smack Away! I won't start the argument on how this scales in comparison to our loss to D-III UW-LaCrosse in football because I know that will take care of itself. Different sports, yes, but significance, no.

Re: USD Women's BB loses to D-III UW-Eau Claire

Thread closed. Tired of USD smack one way or another. Want to give it a rest for a while.

Probably need a vacation.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
    X