Coyote Fan Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote Fan Ban

I logged on last night and found out that USD's #1 gernade launcher and bait salesman has been banned on your fan board. It's your board, and you can do with it as you wish, but think about this if you would. Part of having a board is to banter about the "state" of athletics at SDSU, and around the region and country.

I went back and reread Coyote Fans most recent posts, and I would admit they were antagonizing. In fact, other than baiting you, I'm not sure what the point was of a couple of his posts. However, in defense of CF, he has done a reasonable job of entertaining those that read this board, of which I am one of them.

I know I am going to get beat up over what I am about to say, but if you were a Coyote fan like I am, with interest as well in SDSU, your blood gets boiling at times with some posts that Jacks fans make. I personally don't care if you like the DakotaDome or not ( I hate it for basketball ), when the fan base calls it the sh**hole, or the DakotaDump (I find that one sorta funny), and talk about Vermillion in a derogatory way that is not funny but down right mean and condenscending, your blood gets hot. Earlier this year Jackmd and I got after each other pretty hard. Neither one of us backed down, and the reason I stood up so hard was that's just my principals. There was some pretty good "bombs launched" between he and I, and after a cooling off period, he and I PM'ed each other and agreed to cool down the rhetoric.

I have stated this before, and will stick with my story. Number 1, I am a Coyote fan. But I do want the Jacks to be successful everytime they play. Your fan board is very active, and for the most part, engaging. Most your fans have great insight, and they are without a doubt huge Jacks fans. I am not huge, but I am a fan. And I really like coming to your board and participating. That being said, I would ask the moderators to reassess their decision on the ban, and look primarily at what prompted some of the mean spirited debate. Then maybe issue a PM to CF like what was issued to me when I got out of hand at times.

One thing about competitive people, they play to win no matter what. If it's football, they play hard. If it's basketball, they play hard. And if it's defending your University, sometimes you play too hard. Coyote Fan is an ok guy. He loves the "U" with a passion as you can tell, but sometimes he doesn't know when to let go. The fact he posted on your website and USD's website a "SHOULD I GO" thread I think backs up my assessment. As another highly competitive person, it is hard to swallow somedays posters one right after another bashing USD and making it sound like they have no business whatsoever playing sports or educating kids at any price.

I love your fanboard, I do. It is a helluva lot better and more active than ours. And quite frankly, I read it finding out about your teams and coaches and becoming more educated all the time, and getting a "feel" for what's happening at State. In closing I will make this case for CF. I believe, and I stand to be corrected, that most of his "questionabvle and agressive" posts were in the smack section. Right or wrong, at least they were in there. Maybe the 0-14 was in mens basketball, I can't remember as I type, and if so, should have been in smack. But Coyote Fan is not a mean spirited person, he's just a fan. Please reconsider letting him back on to banter with a PM that outlines what is and is not acceptable.

Good luck to the womens team tonight. What an incredible run they have had.

YFE

Re: Coyote Fan Ban

This all well and good. I suggest you go over to SiouxSports.com and try doing what CF did on our board. They will handle you in the same manner as the mods handled CF. In my case I was banned forever. CF can come back in 2 months. So if you are going to be on a partisian board, be careful what you say and how you say it. You are going up the river stream, and you have to be a better swimmer than going down stream.

I let loose with the smileys on the USD Board only to rile CF because he had earned my rile. Iam not likely to go over there in the near future. You seem to be a good guy and your points are well taken, but I think CF got what he deserved.

The USD board is low in membership and posts, but maybe it will start picking up and once you got a good solid core posting regularly, people like CF will be the odd ball and rightfully so.

So to constantly remind SDSU fans that they never won a road game in the Summit is okay? I sure don't. We know we where stand and its painful as a loyal alum and fan and constant reminding like CF did is harassment and not competitive banter.

Comment

This board is for the fun and enjoyment of ALL of the posters, not just the most obnoxious among us.

I was getting PMs from people telling me that C_F's constant and unfunny provocations were making this a less fun site to come visit.

Personally, I got to the point where I found his act exceedingly tedious. Especially tedious to me were his constant assertions of arrogance of SDSU fans, when by coming and posting here as he does, he displays exactly the kind of arrogance he so decries in SDSU fans.

Plus, I'm the site owner.

So, rule #1 going forward: Don't put yourself into a position where filbert is finding you exceedingly tedious, or more generally: don't piss off the site owner.

When I get to the point where I'm not looking forward to coming onto the board because of either the provocations of a single poster, or the quite predictable reactions to those provocations by other board members, then there is an issue that needs to be addressed. And I was to that point some time ago, but was trying very hard to be tolerant and let things play out.

I think C_F forgets that he's not posting to "a board," he's posting to people, and those people include moderators.

If you don't want to get thrown out of the bar, don't do things to piss off the bartender.

If C_F can modify his act by introducing some element of wit and humor to his smack, that would be a very welcome addition. But he had gotten to the point where it was all mean and nasty, and no humor at all. Not fun to read, not fun to moderate. My life is too short to deal with that kind of nonsense.

So, his 2-month timeout stands.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        This board is for the fun and enjoyment of ALL of the posters, not just the most obnoxious among us.

I was getting PMs from people telling me that C_F's constant and unfunny provocations were making this a less fun site to come visit.

Personally, I got to the point where I found his act exceedingly tedious. Especially tedious to me were his constant assertions of arrogance of SDSU fans, when by coming and posting here as he does, he displays exactly the kind of arrogance he so decries in SDSU fans.

Plus, I'm the site owner.

So, rule #1 going forward: Don't put yourself into a position where filbert is finding you exceedingly tedious, or more generally: don't piss off the site owner.

When I get to the point where I'm not looking forward to coming onto the board because of either the provocations of a single poster, or the quite predictable reactions to those provocations by other board members, then there is an issue that needs to be addressed. And I was to that point some time ago, but was trying very hard to be tolerant and let things play out.

I think C_F forgets that he's not posting to "a board," he's posting to people, and those people include moderators.

If you don't want to get thrown out of the bar, don't do things to piss off the bartender.

If C_F can modify his act by introducing some element of wit and humor to his smack, that would be a very welcome addition. But he had gotten to the point where it was all mean and nasty, and no humor at all. Not fun to read, not fun to moderate. My life is too short to deal with that kind of nonsense.

So, his 2-month timeout stands.
        Okie dokie

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          This all well and good. I suggest you go over to SiouxSports.com and try doing what CF did on our board. They will handle you in the same manner as the mods handled CF. In my case I was banned forever. CF can come back in 2 months. So if you are going to be on a partisian board, be careful what you say and how you say it. You are going up the river stream, and you have to be a better swimmer than going down stream.

I let loose with the smileys on the USD Board only to rile CF because he had earned my rile. Iam not likely to go over there in the near future. You seem to be a good guy and your points are well taken, but I think CF got what he deserved.

The USD board is low in membership and posts, but maybe it will start picking up and once you got a good solid core posting regularly, people like CF will be the odd ball and rightfully so.

So to constantly remind SDSU fans that they never won a road game in the Summit is okay? I sure don't. We know we where stand and its painful as a loyal alum and fan and constant reminding like CF did is harassment and not competitive banter.
          CF earned his time out ban, and will keep it. The moderators are in complete agreement on this. We all need a bit of rest from his constant pinpricks to the SDSU dolls. After basketball is done, CF will have the opportunity to participate again.

Nice summary Nidaros!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            I logged on last night and found out that USD's #1 gernade launcher and bait salesman has been banned on your fan board. It's your board, and you can do with it as you wish, but think about this if you would. Part of having a board is to banter about the "state" of athletics at SDSU, and around the region and country.

I went back and reread Coyote Fans most recent posts, and I would admit they were antagonizing. In fact, other than baiting you, I'm not sure what the point was of a couple of his posts. However, in defense of CF, he has done a reasonable job of entertaining those that read this board, of which I am one of them.

I know I am going to get beat up over what I am about to say, but if you were a Coyote fan like I am, with interest as well in SDSU, your blood gets boiling at times with some posts that Jacks fans make. I personally don't care if you like the DakotaDome or not ( I hate it for basketball ), when the fan base calls it the sh**hole, or the DakotaDump (I find that one sorta funny), and talk about Vermillion in a derogatory way that is not funny but down right mean and condenscending, your blood gets hot. Earlier this year Jackmd and I got after each other pretty hard. Neither one of us backed down, and the reason I stood up so hard was that's just my principals. There was some pretty good "bombs launched" between he and I, and after a cooling off period, he and I PM'ed each other and agreed to cool down the rhetoric.

I have stated this before, and will stick with my story. Number 1, I am a Coyote fan. But I do want the Jacks to be successful everytime they play. Your fan board is very active, and for the most part, engaging. Most your fans have great insight, and they are without a doubt huge Jacks fans. I am not huge, but I am a fan. And I really like coming to your board and participating. That being said, I would ask the moderators to reassess their decision on the ban, and look primarily at what prompted some of the mean spirited debate. Then maybe issue a PM to CF like what was issued to me when I got out of hand at times.

One thing about competitive people, they play to win no matter what. If it's football, they play hard. If it's basketball, they play hard. And if it's defending your University, sometimes you play too hard. Coyote Fan is an ok guy. He loves the "U" with a passion as you can tell, but sometimes he doesn't know when to let go. The fact he posted on your website and USD's website a "SHOULD I GO" thread I think backs up my assessment. As another highly competitive person, it is hard to swallow somedays posters one right after another bashing USD and making it sound like they have no business whatsoever playing sports or educating kids at any price.

I love your fanboard, I do. It is a helluva lot better and more active than ours. And quite frankly, I read it finding out about your teams and coaches and becoming more educated all the time, and getting a "feel" for what's happening at State. In closing I will make this case for CF. I believe, and I stand to be corrected, that most of his "questionabvle and agressive" posts were in the smack section. Right or wrong, at least they were in there. Maybe the 0-14 was in mens basketball, I can't remember as I type, and if so, should have been in smack. But Coyote Fan is not a mean spirited person, he's just a fan. Please reconsider letting him back on to banter with a PM that outlines what is and is not acceptable.

Good luck to the womens team tonight. What an incredible run they have had.

YFE
            I think what bothers me the most and likely most people on the board is Coyote Fan brought very little if any information of value to the board. The only time he was here was to stir the pot, which in my opinion is not needed. And obviously the mods agreed thus no more Coyote Fan for two months.

YFE, I have seen you post things that are informative and bring a new view to the board. I enjoy having you on the board because you are classy, something Coyote Fan hasn't been.

The board welcomes other views, but just being here to stir the pot wears out a welcome very quickly.

Comment

After basketball is done, CF will have the opportunity to participate again.

HEY CF.. see you back on this board Feb 28th at 5pm!!!!! even though NDSU fans don't like your school either...

Comment

Filbert: Your explanation for yoteforever was excellent and rational. I'll just add a couple of other thoughts of my own:

1) I enjoy the board (and spend too much time here in reality) because I enjoy reading other views.
                2) I enjoy the board so I can find out information about SDSU sports that I don't know.
                3) I enjoy contributing information when I know the subject and when I feel other posters could benefit from that information.
                4) I would be happy if we didn't have a smack section. For the most part, I consider it anonymous trash talk and I never find that very rewarding. Do I look at it...yes...but not regularly, so if others like it, so be it.
                5) I have enough things in life (and so does everybody else I believe) to get upset about or get my blood boiling. I look to SDSUFans.com for a leisure time activity...nothing more, nothing less...and a reasonable blood pressure reading when I leave it each time.

Thanks for contributing to my well being! I've always appreciated the time, effort and money you put into this board...and the time and effort that the other moderators put into it. You are all doing a great job!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I think what bothers me the most and likely most people on the board is Coyote Fan brought very little if any information of value to the board. The only time he was here was to stir the pot, which in my opinion is not needed. And obviously the mods agreed thus no more Coyote Fan for two months.

YFE, I have seen you post things that are informative and bring a new view to the board. I enjoy having you on the board because you are classy, something Coyote Fan hasn't been.

The board welcomes other views, but just being here to stir the pot wears out a welcome very quickly.
                  I have no problem with the decision. I don't own or manage the board, and I agree that smack serves little purpose other than to infuriate people that think different than you. If and when the time comes that our 2 schools play each other in major sports, then I think a few days of hype and good will bantering is ok, a couple of days following the games of I told you so, then move on.

For what it is worth, although I have never cheered against the Jacks except when the obvious is going on (playing USD), as a result of spending time on this board has made me a bigger Jacks fan. I really do pull for you. For the most part the moderators have done a good job, obviously our leash is shorter, but then again, it should be. It's not our board.

Coyote Fan really is a good guy in real life. I think he just got caught up in it. Anyway, have a good day all waskly wabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                    After basketball is done, CF will have the opportunity to participate again.

HEY CF.. see you back on this board Feb 28th at 5pm!!!!! even though NDSU fans don't like your school either...
                    I hate the Bison. I wouldn't last one day on your board. I hope the Marker stays in this state forever as far as I am concerned. I would even wear Blue and Gold if I attended a Jacks/Bison event. Even if it was chess.

Moderators, I hope the leash is a bit longer for USD fans that like Jacks also than it is for Bison fans?????????? hahaha

peace out

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      Filbert: Your explanation for yoteforever was excellent and rational. I'll just add a couple of other thoughts of my own:

1) I enjoy the board (and spend too much time here in reality) because I enjoy reading other views.
                      2) I enjoy the board so I can find out information about SDSU sports that I don't know.
                      3) I enjoy contributing information when I know the subject and when I feel other posters could benefit from that information.
                      4) I would be happy if we didn't have a smack section. For the most part, I consider it anonymous trash talk and I never find that very rewarding. Do I look at it...yes...but not regularly, so if others like it, so be it.
                      5) I have enough things in life (and so does everybody else I believe) to get upset about or get my blood boiling. I look to SDSUFans.com for a leisure time activity...nothing more, nothing less...and a reasonable blood pressure reading when I leave it each time.

Thanks for contributing to my well being! I've always appreciated the time, effort and money you put into this board...and the time and effort that the other moderators put into it. You are all doing a great job!!!
                      I agree with this post. Close the thread if you want, I started it and said what I wanted to say.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        I would even wear Blue and Gold if I attended a Jacks/Bison event. Even if it was chess.

Moderators, I hope the leash is a bit longer for USD fans that like Jacks also than it is for Bison fans?????????? hahaha

peace out
                        Make it Yellow and Blue and I'll vote for a longer leash for you.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Make it Yellow and Blue and I'll vote for a longer leash for you.
                          Good one Doc. ha ha ha ha ha

Ok, yellow and blue it is.

Comment

You guys all know about "leashes" with your ladies.......

it's cool wabbit and yokey dokey fans........... you'll survive.....*wink*

Comment

Lakes, thousands of years ago you would have been appointed King of the Cave.

Comment

Working...
                              X