Moved Sam Ostarello posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved Sam Ostarello posts

She looks, has about the same build as Sam Ostarello from Stanley County,(going to Purdue next year,best of luck to her)I read a article on Sam , & she was completly unherralded(sp), completely looked over & had to take it upon herself to get recognition when she tried out for St, Regis AAU club. Kind of an elite one at that.Iwould hope that we could give more attention to some of these players so they don't have to commit to out of state University's. My take was the guy running the club probably had ties to Purdue or something.Or i might just be totally , erroroneously, assuming things i don't actually have a clue about.The latter is probably true.

Re: 2010 Recruiting

If I remember correctly it had more to do with the administrator at Sam Ostarello's school who has SDSU ties who took her down to Purdue.
    Last edited by JACKGUYII; 02-05-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      If I remember correctly it had more to do with the administrator at Sam Ostarello's school who has SDSU ties who took her down to Purdue.
      Correct...all of those posts were here before shinman joined, so understandable he didn't know that. SDSU pursued Sam hard and were in the door until she got pushed toward Purdue. I reiterate the point, because AJ and staff DON'T overlook any potential D-1 South Dakota girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Correct...all of those posts were here before shinman joined, so understandable he didn't know that. SDSU pursued Sam hard and were in the door until she got pushed toward Purdue. I reiterate the point, because AJ and staff DON'T overlook any potential D-1 South Dakota girls.
        I wonder if she has any regrets about that decision now considering SDSU has gone bigtime (meaning national rankings) since she made that choice. It wouldn't be completely out of the question for her to pull a Jill Young and commit back to SDSU. (hey, we can always hope at least )

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
          I wonder if she has any regrets about that decision now considering SDSU has gone bigtime (meaning national rankings) since she made that choice. It wouldn't be completely out of the question for her to pull a Jill Young and commit back to SDSU. (hey, we can always hope at least )

I would imagine the door will always be open to Sam. I did also hear she did have some regrets after commiting early. I would seriously doubt if AJ and crew would burn any bridges with potential recruits / transfers. Regardless I wish Sam the best of luck. Maybe the Jacks well see her somewhere down the road.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
            You never know. Purdue is a great university with awesome academics and a great athletic program.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
              I would imagine the door will always be open to Sam. I did also hear she did have some regrets after commiting early. I would seriously doubt if AJ and crew would burn any bridges with potential recruits / transfers. Regardless I wish Sam the best of luck. Maybe the Jacks well see her somewhere down the road.

GBGBGJ
              From the article TV wrote, she was in tears when she called AJ to back out of the verbal she'd given the Jacks as (IIRC) a sophomore.

Without going too far into specifics, I would not bet against her taking the Jill Young route.

That's not to say I expect her to transfer out of Purdue.

Just that I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did.

Comment

sdsu is going to be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  From the article TV wrote, she was in tears when she called AJ to back out of the verbal she'd given the Jacks as (IIRC) a sophomore.

Without going too far into specifics, I would not bet against her taking the Jill Young route.

That's not to say I expect her to transfer out of Purdue.

Just that I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did.
                  She never verballed to SDSU. We were just highly considering here at the time she made contact with Purdue.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    She never verballed to SDSU. We were just highly considering here at the time she made contact with Purdue.
                    She was never offered a scholarship. However, she had told AJ she was planning on attending SDSU.

http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showpo...32&postcount=2

Comment

She was never offered a scholarship. However, she had told AJ she was planning on attending SDSU.

http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showpo...32&postcount=2

Wouldn't her telling AJ she was planning on attending be a verbal commitment? I don't think she ever did that, at least not publically...
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        Actually, if you want to be specific, the post never mentions Sam telling AJ she was going to attend SDSU. I don't recall the article saying this either. All that was mentioned is that Sam was interested in attending SDSU until she received the offer from Purdue and then she started sobbing when she called AJ to tell him she was accepting their offer.

Either way, you can't really blame the kid. As much as I want her to stay in state, a Purdue education is a Purdue education.
                        Yeah. She had a room full of SDSU gear, and teared up calling AJ to tell him she was going to Purdue. Obviously had -=no=- intention of going to SDSU.

--

As far as the quality of a Purdue education goes, you get out of college what you put into it, and because of that, it doesn't really matter where you go, as long as it's accredited.

--

And while I certainly wouldn't blame the kid, I would blame the people that, as Filbert pointed out in the Ostarello thread, suffer from SDIC. I'm sick and tired of people that live in South Dakota dismissing South Dakota, or offering apologies and explanations for South Dakota.

The idea, for instance, that Purdue offers a better education than SDSU is no more sustainable than asserting the opposite (that SDSU offers a better education than Purdue).

Comment

Yeah. She had a room full of SDSU gear, and teared up calling AJ to tell him she was going to Purdue. Obviously had -=no=- intention of going to SDSU.

--

As far as the quality of a Purdue education goes, you get out of college what you put into it, and because of that, it doesn't really matter where you go, as long as it's accredited.

--

And while I certainly wouldn't blame the kid, I would blame the people that, as Filbert pointed out in the Ostarello thread, suffer from SDIC. I'm sick and tired of people that live in South Dakota dismissing South Dakota, or offering apologies and explanations for South Dakota.

The idea, for instance, that Purdue offers a better education than SDSU is no more sustainable than asserting the opposite (that SDSU offers a better education than Purdue).
                          Her intention might have been there, but there was no offer and she had not verbally committed. That's a big difference and the latter is what you were leading on to in your first posts. Either way, it's water under the bridge now.

And you can trust me when I say I am no where close to one of the people living in SD that dismisses, or offers apologies and explanations for SD or the quality of an SDSU education. In fact, I might be quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            Her intention might have been there, but there was no offer and she had not verbally committed. That's a big difference and the latter is what you were leading on to in your first posts. Either way, it's water under the bridge now.

And you can trust me when I say I am no where close to one of the people living in SD that dismisses, or offers apologies and explanations for SD or the quality of an SDSU education. In fact, I might be quite the opposite.
                            "Verbally committed" does not mean "accepted an offer". If I recall the text of the article correctly, she apologized to AJ about going to Purdue. Regardless of the exact substance of their conversations, she had indicated to AJ that she intended to go to SDSU, thus the reason why I said that she had 'verbaled' to SDSU.

--

BTW, I'm glad you thought better of the earlier "A Purdue education is a Purdue education" remark.

Comment

"Verbally committed" does not mean "accepted an offer". If I recall the text of the article correctly, she apologized to AJ about going to Purdue. Regardless of the exact substance of their conversations, she had indicated to AJ that she intended to go to SDSU, thus the reason why I said that she had 'verbaled' to SDSU.

--

BTW, I'm glad you thought better of the earlier "A Purdue education is a Purdue education" remark.

I didn't think better of my remarks. While I think a lot of an SDSU education, an education in the Big Ten has its advantages. Maybe not necessarily with logical folks like yourself, but with outsiders who think an education at SDSU can't be equal to more high-profile schools of the Big Ten. Those people are out there.

Either way, for the sake of not clogging up the board or this thread any more, you can PM me if you want to continue this peeing match. I tried to give it up a few posts ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X