34th Annual Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34th Annual Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational

SDSU goes to UNL today and tomorow, this looks like a pretty big meet. Any one else going?

meet info
    http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3663323

Re: 34th Annual Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational

I'm missing it but have attended most of the last five or six. It's a good meet. The Nebraska hosts are very nice to all visitors. The track is one of the top in the country (they can adjust the height of the turs with hydraulic jacks built into the track -- they can be flat like most indoor 200 tracks, or elevated to various heights for the sprint races to help the sprinters stay on the curves.

UNL's cross country coach is SDSU alum and former national-title winning coach, Jay Dirksen, a Madison, SD product.

Good luck to your brother and his teammates, SDrulz08!

Comment

Jackrabbit Greg Vollmer (Rapid City, Sophomore) won the Mile early today at the Frank Sevigne Husker Invite in 4:11.95, an excellent time this early and a personal best. He finished nearly four seconds ahead of runnerup Yonas Mebrahtu from Iowa State (4:15.3). Colorado State had runners in third and fourth and an Iowa State runner finished fifth.

At this meet, there is also a special Mile Run with some really elite athletes. Even so, Greg's time...especially considering he's four seconds ahead of the competition and essentially running by himself, is a remarkable early-season performance.

The meet runs through this afternoon and not many final results are available at this time (I'm posting at almost 3:00 p.m.). I note that many of the Jackrabbits are listed as "South Dakota" in the meet information. (Guess I'll send Jay Dirksen a little note).

Results: http://www.huskers.com/fls/100/track...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Comment

yes that track is pretty cool and it was fun to see some of the elite track athletes in country perform!

Comment

Working...
        X