un-Bison MVC recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• un-Bison MVC recruits

Thought I'd start a thread about recruiting at other teams in the Mo. Valley ... sorry Lakes, but this is NOT intended to talk about HOUNDS (Humped Ones Up in North Dakota)...

This Youngstown recruit http://gamedaymagazine.com/2009/01/p..._for_young.php

is a stud, and he will be a factor in MVC; have seen him play twice and he is the real deal. Big surprise is he slipped through the Penn States or Marylands. .. He is 6-2, 225... and his stats are no illusion; several dozen D-1 recruits came out of the Northern Virgnia big-school region he plays in. Same region that produced RBs Evan Royster of Penn State and Tony Hunt of the Philadelphia Eagles. This is a very good get for Youngstown.

Re: un-Bison MVC recruits

UNI does not go far afield to recruit:

http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m...020409aaa.html

Comment

Hounds ? Did you stay up all night thinking of that one ?

Comment

ESPN has started to rank MVC recruiting... unfortunately, it's only one team so far. Anyone know where this ranking list could be accessed?

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...6season%3d2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          ESPN has started to rank MVC recruiting... unfortunately, it's only one team so far. Anyone know where this ranking list could be accessed?

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...6season%3d2009

They only ranked the one team that matters

Comment

Not a smack thread.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Just kidding guys..

Comment

Jacks recruits overall have similar grades/ratings as the Bison noted below in the earlier post.

Eric Koehlmoos has a 69 rating at safety and was rated 192 nationally. Walker Woods was one of the top four Iowa running backs, had a 63 rating, and was ranked 235 among RBs.

Doug Peete was among the top six ILBs rated in Kansas and was rated 40.
                In-state recruits Jake Weiss and Chase Douglass each got 40 ratings.

As an aside related to quality of talent in SD vs. ND, there were five ESPN rated recruits from SD, two from North Dakota (including a 300-pound tackle from Williston who committed to Nebraska).

Comment

The thread topic is . . . ???
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nova.

thanks for the mention.... Ill post the following, and it really surprised me, Now, keep in mind Scout & Rivals sometimes isn't the best reference in my opinion.l

Missouri State had a crazy good recruiting season:

RANKING TOTAL STARS (Scout + Rivals)

MO STATE (21) 29 - 41 stars
                    UNI (24) 23 - 20 stars
                    SIU (18) 17 - 15 stars
                    Ill St (16) 15 - 10 stars
                    NDSU (21) 23 - 20 stars
                    YSU (16) 14 - 15 stars
                    In St (34) 25 - 13 stars
                    SDSU (18) 11 - 10 stars
                    WIU (18) 9 - 10 stars

EXPOSURE RANKING (# of signees listed on scout and/or rivals)

MO STATE – 29
                    In St – 25
                    NDSU – 23
                    UNI – 23
                    SIU – 17
                    Ill St – 15
                    YSU – 14
                    SDSU – 11
                    WIU – 9

QUALITY RANKING (avg stars per signee)

MO STATE – 1.95
                    NDSU – 0.95
                    YSU – 0.93
                    SIU – 0.83
                    UNI – 0.83
                    Ill St – 0.63
                    WIU – 0.55
                    SDSU – 0.55
                    In St – 0.38

Comment

Don't get too caught up in the stars and rankings of a high school kid.

I've seen it tons of times where some recruit, who is supposed to be the next big thing, shows up and gets a major serving of humble pie by some walk on from little town SD who knows how to work.

Comment

listen to Danger - he knows of what he speaks.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I know this is an un-Bison recruit thread... but rumor has ist that Steven Threet, Michigan's qb (who wouldn't have played this year), is considering a transfer to NDSU. Thought people might be interested in this.

Here is a message board link. I've seen the NDSU mentioned on other sites as well.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=3945019

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
                            I know this is an un-Bison recruit thread... but rumor has ist that Steven Threet, Michigan's qb (who wouldn't have played this year), is considering a transfer to NDSU. Thought people might be interested in this.

Here is a message board link. I've seen the NDSU mentioned on other sites as well.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=3945019

This is message board rumors gone bad. The posters at bisonville created their own buzz.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              This is message board rumors gone bad. The posters at bisonville created their own buzz.
                              I think our boy 2002 is right here. Nothing more than overzealous bison fan influence. I haven't heard anything that can't be linked back to rumors initiated up north.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X