Noah Shepard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah Shepard

Mods: feel free to kick this if it is out of line, but in reading the recap of yesterday's chat, Zimmer made a comment to Mick Gary about whether USD had a D1 QB on campus, yet. Mick answered that USD had Noah Shepard. Zimmer answered that he had heard reports there were issues with Noah Shepard.

Anyone know if Shepard is out at QB at USD or if MZ was just giving Mick and USD some good natured ribbing?

I was going to put this in the College Athletics thread, but figured it would head into smack soon enough. I am legitimately interested in the answer, though. Shepard seemed to be the chosen one before last season. He struggled with his passing last season, but was still the number 1 guy as far as I was aware?
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: Noah Shepard

I was going to post a link to the blog from yesterday in the argus, but their site is having issues and I can't pull up the link.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      Mods: feel free to kick this if it is out of line, but in reading the recap of yesterday's chat, Zimmer made a comment to Mick Gary about whether USD had a D1 QB on campus, yet. Mick answered that USD had Noah Shepard. Zimmer answered that he had heard reports there were issues with Noah Shepard.

Anyone know if Shepard is out at QB at USD or if MZ was just giving Mick and USD some good natured ribbing?

I was going to put this in the College Athletics thread, but figured it would head into smack soon enough. I am legitimately interested in the answer, though. Shepard seemed to be the chosen one before last season. He struggled with his passing last season, but was still the number 1 guy as far as I was aware?
      Noah Shepard has been and will continue to be the QB for the Coyotes. There are no issues whatsoever with Noah. Noah might be one of the finest young men to play at USD in a long, long time.

I haven't gone back and looked at Noahs stats the past 2 years, but I can tell you if his numbers were down in '08 compared to '07, it had to do with one thing, and one thing only.........his O line protecting him. USD lost some key players off the '07 team, and I personally feel this line has got to mature quickly for Noah to be as effective as he can be.

This guy can throw the ball. Flat out, he is good. I won't compare him to the Jacks QB, or anyone else for that matter, but he is good. USD also signed at kid out of Palm Beach, Florida that looks very good on tape. The story on him is he broke his collarbone his junior year (2nd game) so there was little tape on him, and most kids get put on the radar screen for their junior year performance. His senior year was very good, and he basically threw out of the Wing-T offense which is not what most people would call the offense of choice to chuck the ball downfield.

In summation of USD's recruits, this is without a doubt the fastest group of kids to come into Vermillion. They have increased their speed on the perimeters by alot. Does that translate into wins? Who knows at this point. I don't care what university you support, the day after signing everyone feels good about who they got, but now they have to play.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        In summation of USD's recruits, this is without a doubt the fastest group of kids to come into Vermillion. They have increased their speed on the perimeters by alot. Does that translate into wins? Who knows at this point. I don't care what university you support, the day after signing everyone feels good about who they got, but now they have to play.
        And speed is going to be what you need...we found that out the hard way against UC-Davis!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          And speed is going to be what you need...we found that out the hard way against UC-Davis!

And don't forget Ga. Southern back in the transition years...

Oh are the Golden Eagles in for a surprise come the 2nd Saturday in September at CAS!!!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            I don't care what university you support, the day after signing everyone feels good about who they got, but now they have to play.
            Great point Yote, be a good time to go fundraising. Also, your point about the OL. That is true everywhere. Without the big guys, a good QB can be just so-so.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              And don't forget Ga. Southern back in the transition years...

Oh are the Golden Eagles in for a surprise come the 2nd Saturday in September at CAS!!!

Go Jacks!!

Even Cal Poly this year. Those guys were FAAAAST.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I saw that in the transcript, but I think it was just good-natured ribbing. Shepard is an outstanding QB and, from everything I have read and heard, a good guy, too.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  I saw that in the transcript, but I think it was just good-natured ribbing. Shepard is an outstanding QB and, from everything I have read and heard, a good guy, too.
                  I didn't mean to insinuate anything other than that. I've only heard the same. My uncle Jeff is close friends with Ed so I get stories all the time about how good he is. That is why the comment caught me off guard. I was leaning towards good natured ribbing, but thought I'd ask just in case.

Comment

Not 100% certain but I believe it was Zimmer ribbing Mick. This is only USD's second recruiting class and I don't believe they signed a topflight QB (again could be wrong) last year. Mick is also hyping the new QB from Florida quite a bit. Noah was a D2 recruit. I also think it was a little zing towards Augie (who(m)he covers). They have brought in two DI transfer QB's the last couple of years with mixed results. Doesn't mean something isn't up but that is how I read it.
                    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

I heard more than one team that USD played last year praising Shepard. There was a team or two that said he was the best quarterback they had faced all year. Shepard was good in 08 and in 06. His off year was in 07 but I think a shoulder injury had alot to do with that as well. Shepard was one of the big reasons USD was able to play tough against many of their FCS opponents.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        I heard more than one team that USD played last year praising Shepard. There was a team or two that said he was the best quarterback they had faced all year. Shepard was good in 08 and in 06. His off year was in 07 but I think a shoulder injury had alot to do with that as well. Shepard was one of the big reasons USD was able to play tough against many of their FCS opponents.

I'm sure he was the best QB a couple of those NAIA/D-III teams the Yotes played saw all year...I will give you that.

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

If I read one more post about USD I'm going to
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                            If I read one more post about USD I'm going to
                            A helpful hint: If the thread title has something to do with USD, there are probably going to posts in said thread, about USD. So to avoid reading posts about USD, avoid clicking on threads with USD in the title.

Glad I could help.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                              A helpful hint: If the thread title has something to do with USD, there are probably going to posts in said thread, about USD. So to avoid reading posts about USD, avoid clicking on threads with USD in the title.

Glad I could help.
                              Or, if I click on SDSUfans.com, I should read threads only relating to SDSU.

Glad I could help
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                              X