Summit League Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tourney

Time to get some days off and plan your trip to Sioux Falls. Games begin at 12:00 on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and 3 pm on Tuesday. I called to get some rooms for Saturday night at the Ramada across the street and they only had a couple of suites left so its time to get a room if you want to be near the arena.

I blocked my schedule and arranged for coverage that weekend, I'm not planning to miss any of the Jackrabbit games. Last I heard there were about 350 reserved tickets left. March Madness will be here before you know it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Summit League Tourney

Are the championship games being played at noon on Monday and 3 on Tuesday?
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
      Are the championship games being played at noon on Monday and 3 on Tuesday?
      Nope. 4 quarterfinal games on Sat, 4 quarterfinal games on Sun. 4 semifinal games on Monday. Women's championship at 3 pm Tuesday, men's championship at 7 pm Tuesday.

Remember, both men's and women's, no loser's bracket and 16 teams. Games start at 12 noon the first 3 days. 12:00 and 2:30 for the afternoon session (women) and 6:00 and 8:30 for the evening session (men).
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Guess I'll be taking Monday and Tuesday afternoons off. Thanks Doc I was just too lazy to look at my tickets.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Thanks Doc,

I've got two all-session tickets, but haven't seen them yet, so it's good to know the times of the Monday/Tuesday games, so I can time-block my long "business lunches" for those two days!

BTW, here's is a good article from TV in today's AL about the Summit League Tourney, and it mentions there are still 300 lower-level, all-session tickets left:
          http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...21/1002/sports

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Can you get lower level reserved just for the Championship game?

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
              Can you get lower level reserved just for the Championship game?
              Per the article, you can get single session tickets starting on Monday. I'd think it's just a matter of availbility if you can get in the lower bowl or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Per the article, you can get single session tickets starting on Monday. I'd think it's just a matter of availbility if you can get in the lower bowl or not.
                When I called initially and then when I checked on line last night they were not offering full session tickets in the bleachers or lower level. I don't know what the deal is exactly and I haven't called the ticket office again. Perhaps you can get single session seats in the lowest level but not reserved. Perhaps the lower portion of the upper seats are reserved "lower bowl" seats and the upper portion general admission. I'm just not sure.

I think I'm happy with where my seats are and I'm guessing a guy is going to be able to move around when the Jackrabbits aren't playing. I guess we will find out.

Comment

From the smack thread, schedule by seeds. Women play the earlier games. I have a nice graphic with the brackets but I can't figure out a way to post it here.

March 7 Quarterfinals

G1: No. 1 seed vs. No. 8 seed, 12:00 and 6 p.m.
                  G2: No. 2 seed vs. No. 7 seed, 2:30 and 8:30 p.m.

March 8 Quarterfinals

G3: No. 4 seed vs. No. 5 seed, 12:00 and 6 p.m.
                  G4: No. 3 seed vs. No. 6 seed, 2:30 and 8:30 p.m.

March 9 Semifinals

G5: G1 Winner vs. G3 Winner, 12:00 and 6 p.m.
                  G6: G2 Winner vs. G4 Winner, 2:30 and 8:30 p.m.

March 10 Championship

G5 Winner vs. G6 Winner, 3:00 and 7 p.m. (ESPNU and ESPN2)

Comment

I just got 8 tickets for Saturday afternoon!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Women will definitely be playing as the 1 seed so those interested in single session tickets should gobble the Saturday 1st session tickets up in a hurry.

As for the men, harder to say if they'll be the evening session Saturday or Sunday. We could be anything from the 3 seed to the 8th seed. Difficult to know what is going to happen on the road, I guess we'll get our first hint on Thursday. I don't think it matters where we are seeded but it might be nice to play the 1 or 2 seed in the semis, not the quarters. I hope we can finish strong and get the 4 or 5 seed, that would mean first game Sunday evening. If we do falter to the 7 or 8 seed we would play Saturday and that would mean a day of rest if we pull an upset. Looking ahead but I can't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Women will definitely be playing as the 1 seed so those interested in single session tickets should gobble the Saturday 1st session tickets up in a hurry.

As for the men, harder to say if they'll be the evening session Saturday or Sunday. We could be anything from the 3 seed to the 8th seed. Difficult to know what is going to happen on the road, I guess we'll get our first hint on Thursday. I don't think it matters where we are seeded but it might be nice to play the 1 or 2 seed in the semis, not the quarters. I hope we can finish strong and get the 4 or 5 seed, that would mean first game Sunday evening. If we do falter to the 7 or 8 seed we would play Saturday and that would mean a day of rest if we pull an upset. Looking ahead but I can't help it.
                        For the men,a 3 seed looks like a long shot. Oakland's toughest game is Oral Roberts at home. The Jacks are a game behind with O.R. and NDSU on the road yet. A 4 seed is within reach, of course a couple of road wins are probably needed.

Comment

Info on pre-game rallies:

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=61&calcid=688

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                            Info on pre-game rallies:

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=61&calcid=688

Go State!
                            We'll be holding our rallies at the Ramada Inn with friends staying at the Sheraton for between game refreshment breaks. Might make it over to Nutty's if Grandma is willing to watch the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              For the men,a 3 seed looks like a long shot. Oakland's toughest game is Oral Roberts at home. The Jacks are a game behind with O.R. and NDSU on the road yet. A 4 seed is within reach, of course a couple of road wins are probably needed.
                              4 or 5 seed would be okay, play at 6 pm on Sunday. I don't like the idea of the 8:30 game on Sunday night and then another game at 6 pm Monday. We aren't that deep. Of course, we are a long way from the second round of the conference tourney so I'm not asking anybody to worry about it, just thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X