Is it me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me?

Is it just me or does it seem that we have a few Coyote fans in Jacks clothing on this board? Posters who "claim" to be Jackrabbit fans but always seem to talk down the program and are negative all the time.

Re: Is it me?

I beleive they refer to themselves as "realists"
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Assume we have visitors, some more regular than others, who support other schools. Some may attempt to give the impression they have yellow and blue in their veins but their regular color usually comes out.

Added later: I am not opposed to persons of different stripes joining in the fun on the message board so we will get some different views. Also, SDSU has some ardent supporters who did not attend a single class as a Jackrabbit. (One guy who has become a good member and, at the same time, provides some entertainment, is our friend JoeBoo from Black Hills State U...he's a big-time fan and you know what, Joe, when you're not posting after a night away from the library, you're making some good comments.)

I understand the irritation with the disingenuous posters who pretend to be Jackrabbits but aren't. (I can think of one case in which an athlete's relative tipped over a little and sounded like an imposter but really was true blue and yellow.) There's a trend going on where people are listing real names and not hiding behind their message board alias.
      Last edited by JackJD; 01-17-2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Is it just me or does it seem that we have a few Coyote fans in Jacks clothing on this board? Posters who "claim" to be Jackrabbit fans but always seem to talk down the program and are negative all the time.
        Not everything is great, posting negatively about a program doesn't nescessarily make a poster more or less of a fan of the Jackrabbits.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          Not everything is great, posting negatively about a program doesn't nescessarily make a poster more or less of a fan of the Jackrabbits.
          Read my post again very carefully. It has nothing to do with what you are talking about.

Comment

Read my post again very carefully. It has nothing to do with what you are talking about.
            I guess I misunderstood your post. Carry On!
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Negative posts about SDSU or particular athletic programs every once in a while make you a human being. Nobody is up-beat all the time.

But, relentlessly negative posts make you a bore, regardless of the name of the school on your diploma (if any).

(just my personal opinion . . . )
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Negative posts about SDSU or particular athletic programs every once in a while make you a human being. Nobody is up-beat all the time.

But, relentlessly negative posts make you a bore, regardless of the name of the school on your diploma (if any).

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  You are right on LJ...I've identified a couple and so generally just disregard their comments (and like you, I'm not talking about "realists").

If every poster on the board will take my suggestion (mentioned above by doc) and go to their page and list their names and a short biography, this anonymous stuff would disappear. I will continue to check to see if the poster will reveal a true identity, when I suspect a disguised troll. Maybe I will be proven wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Relentless positivity and always bashing on someone with a negative opinion is a bore too.

2 sides to every coin.

Also, there is a difference between negativity and being objective.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      2 sides to every coin.

Also, there is a difference between negativity and being objective.
                      So we can presume you observe with objectivity

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        So we can presume you observe with objectivity
                        You can presume the opposite
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                        X