Brookings > Fargo & SDSU > NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brookings > Fargo & SDSU > NDSU

I'm feeling very smacky today, so I wanted to start a thread dedicated to listing all the ways Brookings/SDSU is a better place than Fargo/NDSU.

Example:

Brookings has been home to the Dakota Marker Trophy for more than 2 years. The only way NDSU students ever get to see the trophy is to swing by the HPER on their trip to Sioux Falls for spring break.

Fargo holds no trophies from rivalry games in football.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Brookings > Fargo & SDSU > NDSU

Example 2:

Brooking's average January temperature is 22 degrees.

Fargo's average January temperature is 16 degrees.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

3 the nearest hill to Fargo is the Rocky Mts in Montana

The nearest hill to Brookings is in Sioux Falls.

Interstate overpasses don't count for hills. Sorry Fargo.

Comment

The wonderfully delicious contrast in colors and taste of a Brookings Wedding Cake makes your quaint little town of ~20,000 a nuptial hotspot...

Comment

Wasn't that picture taken at Lakes wedding reception?

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
            No, that would be this picture...

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

I am going to have to sleep with the light on for weeks. That is utterly terrifying.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

This is funny. I am laughing. Where do you get these photos?

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Wouldn't rule that out. He did mention something about getting friendly with the local ladies during his visit to Brookings for the Border Marker Battle back in '07.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

So, which one is Lakes?
                    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Seriously, let's all smack someone we actually play (next Friday) and who actually plays a DI schedule.

Brookings--Best sports bar in town is Cubbys. Best hamburger in town is at Nicks.

Fargo--Seriously??? Buffalo Wild Wings??? Where's your best burger? McDonalds or Burger King?

Comment

There are so many things that make Brookings better than Fargo

Brookings: football teams raise community morale with 7 win seasons
                        Fargo: football fans disappointed with anything short of another National Championship

Brookings: local economy stimulated with out of state revenue when Bison fans invade
                        Fargo: local businesses see minimal economic impact from jacks fans

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post

Brookings: local economy stimulated with out of state revenue when Bison fans invade
                          It is too cold up there in Fargo, Ay!

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post

Brookings: football teams raise community morale with 7 win seasons
                            Fargo: football fans disappointed with anything short of another National Championship

Welcome to the board, and keep the smack like this. Nice start.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Welcome to the board, and keep the smack like this. Nice start.
                              Thanks for the welcome I'll go back to lurking but couldn't help myself on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X