Summit League vs NCC in Competitiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League vs NCC in Competitiveness

UND has already played 6 D1 games with a 1-5 record and guess who that only win was against? Yep, against those feisty Kangaroos from Kansas City. The same ones that just beat SDSU and from the same conference that SDSU has yet to win on the road. There is not a real big difference between the NCC and the Summit. A couple of years ago many would have said I was crazy for making the comparison but that doesn't sound so crazy anymore.

Anyone still believe that USD doesn't belong on the same floor as those Jackrabbids??? You just all might be right, problem is, it's the Jacks that are on the lower pedestal court at time being.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: Summit League vs NCC in Competitiveness

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    UND has already played 6 D1 games with a 1-5 record and guess who that only win was against? Yep, against those feisty Kangaroos from Kansas City. The same ones that just beat SDSU and from the same conference that SDSU has yet to win on the road. There is not a real big difference between the NCC and the Summit. A couple of years ago many would have said I was crazy for making the comparison but that doesn't sound so crazy anymore.

Anyone still believe that USD doesn't belong on the same floor as those Jackrabbids??? You just all might be right, problem is, it's the Jacks that are on the lower pedestal court at time being.
    Alright Jacks. No responses to this post. NONE! Do you hear anything? I don't. Let it be. I'm sick of talking about USD.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
      Alright Jacks. No responses to this post. NONE! Do you hear anything? I don't. Let it be. I'm sick of talking about USD.
      Their not going away anytime soon, Summit League, Yo Summit League can I hear ya calling. Wait the dome can't match the gyms in that league, sorry. I guess the Yotes will have to be in independant purgatory for a long time. ;-)
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

UMKC beat Bradley as well, a team that is on top of the Missouri Valley Conference, I guess the MVC has nothing on the old NCC either.

Comment

11/14 UND L 61-56
          11/16 @ KU L 71-56
          11/19 @ WICH W 66-63
          11/22 @ FAU L 77-59
          11/24 vs. BRAD W 73-61
          11/25 vs. RICH L 85-74
          11/26 @ FGC W 73-69
          11/30 vs. FLA L 86-65
          12/04 OAK L 84-78
          12/06 IPFW W 70-62
          12/13 @ L-IL L 52-47
          12/15 @ NU L 77-62
          12/18 @ EWU W 68-61
          12/22 UTSA L 76-72
          12/28 SIUE L 77-71
          12/31 @ IUPUI L 72-69

UMKC doesn't have a real good profile overall. They have lost much more than they have won.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I have no doubt the Coyotes can play in the Summit League. As far as who is better, Jackrabbits or Coyotes? I don't know. I don't think either one is light years ahead of the other. I don't think the Jacks would blow out the Coyotes (as some here would believe) and I don't think the Coyotes would blow out the Jacks.

Comment

There is not a real big difference between the NCC and the Summit.
              This sounds vaguely familiar for some reason...

Oh wait, now I remember. You said the same thing about the NCC and FBS football. What was USD's record in FBS this year?
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The real name for this thread should be "Comments from the Peanut gallery, including USD fans."

I do admit that SDSU should have won this one, and yes our defense is really struggling. Once that is fixed, then I think we will hit a new level of play.

Comment

I think we deserve the smack. I'm not taking the bait otherwise.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yep, UND wins at UMKC, that one game means the NCC and the Summit are equals. Be careful what you say Yote, in the past UND's motto was DII=FCS and the only FCS team they could beat this year was 1-11 Idaho State by 3 points.

It's easy to win one game(hardly a shocker to see UND beat UMKC) but doing things consistently is whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      Yep, UND wins at UMKC, that one game means the NCC and the Summit are equals. Be careful what you say Yote, in the past UND's motto was DII=FCS and the only FCS team they could beat this year was 1-11 Idaho State by 3 points.

It's easy to win one game(hardly a shocker to see UND beat UMKC) but doing things consistently is whole different story.
                      They also beat the 1 FCS win USD Coyotes.

Imagine Coyote Fan's comparative scoring formula next year if USF somehow manages to beat UND next year... USF > UND > USD

USD would be the third best football team in the state!
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                        I have no doubt the Coyotes can play in the Summit League. As far as who is better, Jackrabbits or Coyotes? I don't know. I don't think either one is light years ahead of the other. I don't think the Jacks would blow out the Coyotes (as some here would believe) and I don't think the Coyotes would blow out the Jacks.
                        Wow exactly right, problem is not many Jacks fans probably agree with that based on the discussion on this board. It doesn't matter how many games the Jacks drop or how long their road Sumitt losing streak lasts. There will always be false belief from Brookings that the Jacks are ahead of the Yotes in MBB let alone light years ahead.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          This sounds vaguely familiar for some reason...

Oh wait, now I remember. You said the same thing about the NCC and FBS football. What was USD's record in FBS this year?
                          I can gaurantee I did not say that. USD's record in 2008 against FBS programs was 0-0 so it's difficult to make any kind of a relevant argrument. A win against FBS would have to come on the road against a very difficult opponent. I wouldn't call that very likely at all. I think there is no comparision between the two levels. Based on UND's record against FCS programs over the past couple of years they already compare favorably and that is with a down program this year (2008).
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Wow exactly right, problem is not many Jacks fans probably agree with that based on the discussion on this board. It doesn't matter how many games the Jacks drop or how long their road Sumitt losing streak lasts. There will always be false belief from Brookings that the Jacks are ahead of the Yotes in MBB let alone light years ahead.
                            I'm not trying to say the Jacks are light years ahead of the Yotes or even ahead of them, but what makes you think the Yotes are better than the Jacks? You haven't played anyone of substance this year besides Notre Dame, Cornell and Cincinnati, you have one D-I win over New Orleans. I'm not trying to say one is better than the other but what makes you think USD is better than SDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              I'm not trying to say the Jacks are light years ahead of the Yotes or even ahead of them, but what makes you think the Yotes are better than the Jacks? You haven't played anyone of substance this year besides Notre Dame, Cornell and Cincinnati, you have one D-I win over New Orleans. I'm not trying to say one is better than the other but what makes you think USD is better than SDSU?
                              USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

In his world the glorified practices that are called exhibition games have actual meaning and should be taken seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X