Nebraska and Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska and Maryland

The team will be back at it this weekend at the University of Nebraska, facing #4 ranked Nebraska and Maryland. Nebraska has the #3 ranked wrestler at 157lbs, #4 at 165, #3 at 174, #15 at 184, #2 at 197, and the #10 at hwt. Maryland has the # 9 ranked wrestler at 133, #13 at 141 and the # at 197. We will have are hands full to say the least. But this should have us prepared to go into our conference season where I feel we will surprise some people and do much better than expected. And hopefully we will surprise a few this Sunday. I believe that coach Liles and his staff are moving us in the right direction and that we will be able to truly compete at the D-1 level. We have three wrestlers Stripling, Elliott, and Walraven who are at or pushing the 20 win mark already this season and wrestlers Sorenson and Everson are back in the line up. Blasius, Blindert, Flynn, Kelly, Marvin, Retalic and Swier are all fighting hard and getting better with each match.

Re: Nebraska and Maryland

Looking forward to watching the Nebraska and Maryland matches Sunday. Since the team has been all over the country up to now, it will be a chance to watch some of the newcomers wrestle...and some of them are wrestling extremely well!! There is no doubt we will be in over our heads in a team match...it will be interesting to watch how some of the individuals compete against some of their ranked wrestlers. GO JACKS!

Comment

Jacks are currently wrestling Maryland to a draw 9-9. That is with a forfeit at 165. Don't know what happened there. Sorenson beat the #11 ranked wrestler in the nation. Live stats are here:
      http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3647610

Nebraska match looks like it will be webcast for those that subscribe to GoJacks, start time 1400 CT.

Comment

huge win for soro...huge

taylor is a returning AA and this will help Sorenson in his quest for the big dance in March

jacks are wrestling good right now against a talented U of M team

keep it up

Comment

Cowboy, Is Elliott hurt right now? How badly?

Comment

dont know about elliott

i have been gone on vacation since the PA trip and havent spoken to anyone in awhile

i was wondering as well...

jacks looked to wrestle good there

good to see sorenson's win and strip and blindert also

NE match will be streamed live at 2pm

Comment

Lost to Maryland 29-9
              and Nebraska 43-3 Blasius pulled out the win 4-3 in the last minute to save the shutout.
              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Thanks for the updates!

GO JACKS
                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

To answer the question on Elliot...he didn't make weight. He was one of four wrestlers who didn't make weight (Kelly, Aesoph and Willers)...and I know that Coach Liles was shaking his head at that fact.

Soro's win over Taylor was quite a performance...the best I have seen him wrestle. I think he surprised Taylor who didn't seem to be ready for him and couldn't seem to figure him out. Big win!! There were a number of other good performances also, but we were definitely outmanned. Several pins from Nebraska came from Jacks who were wrestling well, and slipped into a bad situation.

Got to get Northern Thursday night.

Comment

the win for Sorenson is huge on a lot of levels. With the new qualifier system (which is too complicated to get into) this will help out a ton. If he keeps wrestling at this level good things will come. Overall I thought the jacks wrestled very good in a tough situation. Weight problems will get under control. Overall very pleased with how these young men are wrestling.

Conference duals get underway this weekend and these are very key for a lot of our guys. Key wins at certain weights will be very important.

Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                    X