• Show
Clear All

• Vikings' draft

Here is story from the Argus on the Vikings draft so far:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../60429007/1002

Go Vikings

Go State!

Re: Vikings' draft

I am glad they got Greenway. I just don't like thier new uniforms now so I won't be getting a Greenway jersey.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba
      I am glad they got Greenway. I just don't like thier new uniforms now so I won't be getting a Greenway jersey.
      I will buy one as soon as the are available. I agree they are ugly but I can't wear my Bennet #23 anymore and I don't like Leber.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anyone see that Foley, who was one of the main personnel guys is about to be fired. I am begining to believe that I bring despair to all my favorite teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
          Anyone see that Foley, who was one of the main personnel guys is about to be fired. I am begining to believe that I bring despair to all my favorite teams.

I think Childress or Wilf are just nipping this at the bud. Given all the inconsistencies in Foley's bio and the way the press in the Cities has jumped on him, they just want this stuff to go away. Hard to judge him objectively given all the criticism the local press has poured on him.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            [quote author=SD-STATE link=1146364497/0#3 date=1146688556]Anyone see that Foley, who was one of the main personnel guys is about to be fired. I am begining to believe that I bring despair to all my favorite teams.

I think Childress or Wilf are just nipping this at the bud.  Given all the inconsistencies in Foley's bio and the way the press in the Cities has jumped on him, they just want this stuff to go away.  Hard to judge him objectively given all the criticism the local press has poured on him.[/quote]

:-? Could someone fill me in, please? I do know about the Viking boat adventure and the Culpepper trade to Miami but other than that....

BTW, Wyoming got a guy selected in the NFL Draft. He went to Baltimore as the very last pick of the 6th Round, Derrick Martin.

Plus we had three guys sign FA deals. So,...

Comment

I think Childress or Wilf are just nipping this at the bud. Given all the inconsistencies in Foley's bio and the way the press in the Cities has jumped on him, they just want this stuff to go away. Hard to judge him objectively given all the criticism the local press has poured on him.
              It's also been said that Foley is kind of a hard man to get along with, very abraisive. Reggie Barlow the QB coach from Alabama ST. said "he kind of has an air about him". Foley lies on his resume and gets fired for what ever reason, then has the nerve to say that he's going to sue. An inaccurate resume is more than enough reason to break a garunteed contract.

And to top it off, I can't spell today... :-[

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                [quote author=JimmieTuba link=1146364497/0#1 date=1146371186]I am glad they got Greenway. I just don't like thier new uniforms now so I won't be getting a Greenway jersey.
                I will buy one as soon as the are available.  I agree they are ugly but I can't wear my Bennet #23 anymore and I don't like Leber.[/quote]

Egg on my face. I met Ben Leber last night. Great guy. He was in town with Terry Ryan (Twins GM) doing some PR gig. Ben was very approachable, willing to speak with any and everyone. I should know better than to say I don't like someone I have never met. I am now a Ben Leber fan.

As for Foley, Siefert has an article in the Strib today. Seems Foley is just a total ass. Lied to get the job because he had to. I guess we will see.

Comment

It just wouldn't be the Vikings if there wasn't something going on. Hopefully with all the offseason acquisitions the on the field product will be a lot better. As for the draft, I am not sold on it, but hopefully these guys turn out to be good. I like the Greenway pick, especially after the last few LB we have taken in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                  X