X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melia Iwamoto gone

http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...&page=1#406960

Melia Iwamoto is leaving to go back to either California or Hawaii.
    Not surprising. Had heard this throughout the season. I can confirm she is leaving as I had talked with Jason Ruppelt, a fellow classmate and student assistant with the volleyball team.

Re: Melia Iwamoto gone

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...&page=1#406960

Not surprising. Had heard this throughout the season. I can confirm she is leaving as I had talked with Jason Ruppelt, a fellow classmate and student assistant with the volleyball team.
    Heard that WSU might be a possibility also.

Comment

Good luck to Melia. She's a good kid.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Our former head coach no doubt is part of this puzzle and it will be a big surrpise if she does not end up at WSU. I think this former coach is going to be a pain in our recruiting plans for a few more years since he knows the prospects.

Comment

Melia is going back to Hawaii to be a student at UH. She missed home and her family thought she was too far away. As for Coach Palileo being a part of the puzzle, get over it. He is not trying to make WSU a second SDSU. Just because Annie and Emily chose to go with the COACH they were recruited by because they respected him and wanted to play for him, doesnt mean every other player on the team will go there also. Besides, who's to say Melia is at the talent level of the PAC-10. Melia is an awesome kid and I wish her the best of luck in her future, but just because she is a nice kid doesn't mean she is PAC -10 ready. I saw WSU play numerous times on the internet and on TV and I think they have a setter that is pretty good. I would bet that with the training that will happen during the off-season with Coach Palileo and Coach Lamppa putting in their system, that setter will get even better and WSU may move into the middle of the PAC-10 next season. Best of luck May!

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
            Melia is going back to Hawaii to be a student at UH. She missed home and her family thought she was too far away. As for Coach Palileo being a part of the puzzle, get over it. He is not trying to make WSU a second SDSU. Just because Annie and Emily chose to go with the COACH they were recruited by because they respected him and wanted to play for him, doesnt mean every other player on the team will go there also. Besides, who's to say Melia is at the talent level of the PAC-10. Melia is an awesome kid and I wish her the best of luck in her future, but just because she is a nice kid doesn't mean she is PAC -10 ready. I saw WSU play numerous times on the internet and on TV and I think they have a setter that is pretty good. I would bet that with the training that will happen during the off-season with Coach Palileo and Coach Lamppa putting in their system, that setter will get even better and WSU may move into the middle of the PAC-10 next season. Best of luck May!
            If you check Palileo's first year at WSU, nOT EXACTLY A BANNER START!!! 10 wins, I think he will need all the help he can get to turn things around, OR he too could return to Hilo Hiawaii, right back where he started from.

http://wsucougars.cstv.com/sports/w-...ley-sched.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              If you check Palileo's first year at WSU, nOT EXACTLY A BANNER START!!! 10 wins, I think he will need all the help he can get to turn things around, OR he too could return to Hilo Hiawaii, right back where he started from.

http://wsucougars.cstv.com/sports/w-...ley-sched.html
              Ouch.....he won only 3 Pac-10 matches.
              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
              Muhammad Ali

Comment

Let's see... A year ago WSU only won one PAC-10 match, this year 3. Swept the Arizona's on the final weekend of the regular season. 7 of the 10 PAC-10 teams were in the NCAA TOurnament, 9 of the league teams were ranked in the top 25 a majority of the year. That league is not like playing UMKC (no offense UMKC) every weekend. The PAC-10 is THE BEST VB conference in the country. Period. 3 conference wins is probably a great start. If they only have 3 league wins two years from now, then it's a different story. Why don't we congratulate former SDSU coaches who have moved on in their profession, and I'm sorry but up in the profession as well if you're talking level of competition, instead of always ridiculing them. By the way he did not come from Hilo. Not everyone who is Hawaiian comes from Hilo.

Comment

Oh by the way, do we remember a couple of former Jacks by the names of Biggerstaff and Bostrom. I believe they were ready to play at Bethel in the cities when Coach Palileo was hired at SDSU. They chose to come with HIM to SDSU. They were pretty good huh? I don't remember any SDSU fans objecting to them coming with the coach. Just a thought. Shall I keep going?

Comment

No, that's okay.

Comment

Please continue...new info for me
                      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                      Muhammad Ali

Comment

Thanks B Town. I think we can stop too.

Comment

goJacks89 do you work undercover for Palileo?

Seriously, I PM'd you about what I know about one instance and I did not want to put it on the board. It would not be fair to the people involved.

Does not Andrew also pay attention to the state of Minneosota, specifically the Twin cities since Bethel is located there, for recruiting? I am sure he does and why should he not? I do appreciate all that he did do at SDSU, and can see why he was able to move on. He is a good coach and a good recruiter too for that matter. He knows talent when he sees it and how to develope it into skilled athletic ability.

I apologize in being presumptious in thinking that Coach Palileo had been involved in Melia's situation. I think you pretty much cleared the air on that matter, and I am done.

I wish Coach Palieleo the best at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            No, that's okay.
                            Agreed. Something is more personal here than we know.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
                              Thank you coach palileo!

Comment

Working...
                              X