NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR

any nascar fans in here?? anyone looking forward to see junior racing in a black car like his dad use to? the watching the old red bud car gets a lil dull after a long season so its good to see a change every now and then.

Re: NASCAR

I would hope that no SDSU alums are NASCAR fans. NASCAR is not a sport.

Comment

To each their own, of course. I will play NASCAR on the PS2, although I don't think I would have the patience to watch a NASCAR race on TV. But I am not going to criticize anyone's hobbies, I'm sure that one or two things that interest me would bore others to tears.

Comment

I'm a big NASCAR fan, Been to many tracks to watch races (Daytona, Talladege, Atlanta, Texas etc) It's not just the race that people find exciting.. Its the event... 48 hours of excitement...There's NOTHING better!! I cheer for #88 Jarrett- but he's getting up there in age and isnt very competitive anymore. but I have seen him win twice (Daytona and Texas)

Comment

Sprint car racing is where all the action in racing is at. Brookings should have a nice dirt track. I bet there are alot of motorheads around here.

Comment

The kart races they have just north of campus there are pretty awesome. They just need to be weekly instead of every so often.

Jrs black car looks pretty sweet. It is the entire DEI team racing in black.
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

NASCAR might not be a sport in your eyes. I really dont watch alot of it either.  I will say this, for a person to get in one of those stock cars and race 500 miles at those "G's" is not an easy job.

The people that race these machines have to be in tremendous shape at that level to handle it.

Next time your in the Mall of America stop in the "NASCAR Racing Experience" and jump in for one of the virtual races...I think you'll be amazed as to how much those little races take out of you both physically and mentally. :P  I couldnt imagine doing that for 2 1/2 hours straight.

It may not be a sport to you or I but don't say that to Jimmies sister...er...wife...er...cuzin...er...brothers mother...er...aunt...er neice...ah shucks...you know them guys over theeereee! :-/ :-/

I think it is a national holiday for them every week. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

It depends on how you are defining "sport". NASCAR isn't an athletic event in the sense that, although physical conditioning is important, it isn't a test of physical ability. However, that's not the only definition of "sport". I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I'd rather watch NASCAR than watch poker on sports channels. That's a fad that I hope fades. I'd rather the sports channels covered sports events - I'd rather see little leage cricket than watch poker on TV. Not saying that poker doesn't have a place, maybe there should be a poker channel, for those who can't get enough poker. Actually, I think an Uno game would be more fun to watch than poker.

Comment

racing is a big part of midwestern life. from go cart tracks to dirt tracks the upper midwest is dotted with racing. i think it would be fun to take one of these cars for a spin around campus and have the UPD chase you lol.

Comment

I too am a NASCAR fan, I am a Ryan Newman guy. I also helped build the Go Kart track (University Plains Speedway) here in Brookings and raced there back in the '80s. I was a multiple season champion at that and other tracks in the Mid-West.

Go State!

Comment

truex jr. wins in a black dei car at talladega good race. the man in black still lives on.

Comment

I don't know if I am a racing fan or if I was forced into being a racing fan. Watching NASCAR is a big time event in my family. It actually gets pretty competitive because we all have our favorites. I for one am a Kasey Khane (#9 Dodge car) fan! I also love watching my brothers race at local tracks. I'll throw a shout out for my little bro in the #45 car at I90 Speedway this summer!

Comment

the coca cola 600 and indy 500 all in one day of racing one long as day of racing if you ask me. not bad races though.

Comment

Working...
                          X