Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition

Pittsburgh media outlets reported that Roethlisberger was in surgery for a broken jaw. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, citing a police source, reported Roethlisberger also broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost teeth and has knee injuries from hitting the pavement. A plastic surgeon has been called in, the source said.

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s. Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: "Ride it when you retire."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2480830

ouch thats gotta hurt. training camp within 2 months. are some athletes becoming dumber to the world??

Re: Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condi

I feel really bad for Ben, but I dont think he was "dumber to the world." He was out riding his motorcycle when a woman pulled out in front of him. (good source) The accident wasnt his fault, but the media is just criticizing him for 1) riding a motorcylce, 2) not wearing a helmet. First we have to remember that he is only 23, and motorcycles are fun to ride, even if you make millions, and yes he probably shouldnt have put himself at risk. 2) He didnt have a helmet on, but it was not against the law, stupid yes, but not illegal. I'm just sick of the media constantly saying he was wrong, and not hearing any of the media say "I feel bad for him, and I hope everything ends up ok for him." (something like that)

Comment

Re: Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condi

Originally posted by Rabbit3467
      He was out riding his motorcycle when a woman pulled out in front of him. (good source)  The accident wasnt his fault,
      So are almost 50 percent of all motorcycle accidents.  You need to protect yourself from those others on the road who do not see you (?) or care about you being there.

2)  He didnt have a helmet on, but it was not against the law, stupid yes, but not illegal.  
      First step in protecting yourself is wearing the proper clothing for riding.   Helmets are one of those pieces.  Do I always want to wear the protective gear, No Way.   But I do because to many friends have left to much behind because they would not.

I'm just sick of the media constantly saying he was wrong,  
      He was wrong.  He did not protect himself for his family, team, and just for himself.   Not that I do not wish him full recovery and to be able to go on and play football, but he took risks that were not fully thought through.

His comments about not needing to wear a helment because it is not the law and he does not like it may change after the entire rehabilitation routine.   A

A WI Biker
      Is is always a good day to ride.

Comment

Working...
      X