BBC version of The Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC version of The Office

Don't do this often, but I just finished watching the BBC (original) version of The Office. If you like the U.S. version, and I do very much, you have to see the original. It's maybe the funniest television series I have ever seen. Ricky Gervais is nothing short of a comic genius.

FYI.
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: BBC version of The Office

I've heard really good things about the BBC version. I love the US version of it, I will probably have to check out the British version.

Comment

For me, the US version is so nauseatingly dull that I can hold my breath longer than I can stand to watch it. OTOH, the UK version is a true classic.

An even better UK show is Hustle - strongly recommend it. [linky]

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
        For me, the US version is so nauseatingly dull that I can hold my breath longer than I can stand to watch it. OTOH, the UK version is a true classic.

An even better UK show is Hustle - strongly recommend it. [linky]
        Thanks UTH. I'm a BBC fan. I'll check out Hustle.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

A pilot episode was created for an American version of the BBS sci-fi comedy "Red Dwarf". It was awful, you can find the American version on YouTube. TV executives often assume the public won't get it, so they dumb it down. There is one obstacle to just putting the British version on US airwaves, and that is because we're used to 20-22 episodes per year, and British TV series tend to have far less episodes per season.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Don't do this often, but I just finished watching the BBC (original) version of The Office. If you like the U.S. version, and I do very much, you have to see the original. It's maybe the funniest television series I have ever seen. Ricky Gervais is nothing short of a comic genius.

FYI.

Concur, generally, except there is nothing close to Dwight Schrute in the BBC original.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Concur, generally, except there is nothing close to Dwight Schrute in the BBC original.
              Dwight is uniquely insane. Gareth, in the BBC version, is more of a straight man for Ricky Gervais... but Gareth is crazy in his own way. I particularly enjoy the cluelessness of Gareth's approach to women in the BBC version.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

As a matter of fact, I have my Dwight K. Schrute bobble-head (gift from my girls for fathers day) on my desk at work as we speak!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                  As a matter of fact, I have my Dwight K. Schrute bobble-head (gift from my girls for fathers day) on my desk at work as we speak!

That is so brilliant in so many ways. Do you point it out to the boss?

Comment

That is so brilliant in so many ways. Do you point it out to the boss?
                    I can't, my wife doesn't work here. I am the office staff except for secretary. However, you can tell who watches the office when they see "Dwight" on my desk. Whenever I think I just talked to the biggest a-hole I ever met, I just look at Dwight!
                    Last edited by Jack4Life; 02-12-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X