Spanked By a Bunch of Elephants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanked By a Bunch of Elephants

Wow is IPFW taking it to the road kill gang tonight. Kinda ugly I must say. The Iowa State game is looking to be more and more a fluke. Maybe you should try playing New Orleans and see how that turns out.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: Spanked By a Bunch of Elephants

Pie?

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      Wow is IPFW taking it to the road kill gang tonight. Kinda ugly I must say. The Iowa State game is looking to be more and more a fluke. Maybe you should try playing New Orleans and see how that turns out.

Its pretty sad! I wish I could respond with some quality smack but unable. Glad we can hang our hat on our ladies this year as the men have some real issues. I agree - the Iowa State game being unexplainable. Thought we had it going after Iowa State and Oakland. Obviously not! So, smack away. This men's team has it coming. Sad day in Jackrabbit land.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Pretty sure just about any team in Fort Wayne would have beaten the Jackrabbits tonight. You can't take it back. This team has to look at one another and then in the mirror and make a commitment to each other and themselves. Every time you step on the floor give it your best. These guys clearly don't do that and you have to wonder why that is. I only know one guy who should be held responsible. Coach Nagy needs to prepare these guys better and find a combination that can compete each and every time they take the court. The inconsistency is a sign of something more than a lack of talent or inexperience. Some how and some way, this team is not getting better, not playing well on a consistent basis. The blame for that can only be placed on Coach Nagy.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You're hanging your hat over beating New Orleans?? Seriously, dude....

(The Mighty Privateers!!!)

Comment

Ok we got killed against IPFW but your one D-I win game against New Orleans, I didn't even know they had a Univeristy down there. When you beat someone that matters let us know, then maybe you can talk smack when that happens, until then go back to your board.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Pretty sure just about any team in Fort Wayne would have beaten the Jackrabbits tonight. You can't take it back. This team has to look at one another and then in the mirror and make a commitment to each other and themselves. Every time you step on the floor give it your best. These guys clearly don't do that and you have to wonder why that is. I only know one guy who should be held responsible. Coach Nagy needs to prepare these guys better and find a combination that can compete each and every time they take the court. The inconsistency is a sign of something more than a lack of talent or inexperience. Some how and some way, this team is not getting better, not playing well on a consistent basis. The blame for that can only be placed on Coach Nagy.
              There are FIVE players walking around campus that could play with these guys! Before you react think of 5 people walking around campus!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                There are FIVE players walking around campus that could play with these guys! Before you react think of 5 people walking around campus!
                Then why aren't they on the team?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  They are football players

Comment

I was half-tempted to kick your sorry butt out of here, Coyote Fan, for telling the truth in smack.

Oh well, I'm going to continue to be an optimist. We have a lot of season left.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      Ok we got killed against IPFW but your one D-I win game against New Orleans, I didn't even know they had a Univeristy down there. When you beat someone that matters let us know, then maybe you can talk smack when that happens, until then go back to your board.

But wait a minute it was suppose to be "beat a D1 school and then you can talk". Now it's "beat someone that matters". Next it will be "beat a program in a major conference and you can speak". After that it will be "beat a top 20 program on the road". Then it will be "Beat the #1 team in the nation on their court by at least double digits. "Go to the final four". "Win the national title". "win at least 3 consecutive national titles". "Beat UCLA's record for total national titles". "Beat an NBA team". "Win an NBA Championship with a college team". Gosh I am out of breath, whats next. Point being to some Jacks fans it wouldn't really matter. SDSU will be considered the better program regardless of how well USD does and how poorly SDSU has done. SDSU has already conquered that "poor" part of it. At least USD is still unproven. At this point I would rather have a chance to have a good program than to prove over and over that having a good program is only a pipe dream. I am not talking about anything more than being a competitive program in the Summit League. SDSU does not have that.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

My reaction is to just shut up and take the smack like a man.

Our men's team earned every bit of derision they receive.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Words to live by, Filbert.
                          Question: Given this one loss, do we need to stipulate once and for all the U's men's bb dominance once they run the January table of Mayville, Valley City, USD-Springfield and Huron College alum, etc., etc.? Looking for guidance here.

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Our men's team earned every bit of derision they receive.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            They are football players
                            And Tracksters!

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              Who?

Here is the only 2 that I think could make the team and play signifigant time.

the only 2 I can think of would be Vlastuin and Orne..... now maybe there are some out of state football players that are really good at basketball.... and I'm sure there is that one kid who is from the streets of Omaha or Kansas City or Chicago or something who says Roy Williams offered him but he couldn't make grades or something ( I think every college has one of those guys)

As far as USD.... they are going to be horrible next year..... talked to some people familier with the program and they say that if USD wins 5 games next year they'll be beating expectations.... Said Louie can't create his own shot, the only reason he scores is because his defender has to sag on Cain or Grimsley.... Said that there red-shirts play while at USD it won't be because they are good.... Said that 2 freshman will be starting next year and if they aren't they'll be lucky to beat Mt. Marty at the dome..... this is coming from people from USD familar with the program, not me....

All what I am saying guys is don't hang your transition period on this year.... You do still have a few D-I transfers and a pretty decent team.... SDSU got there @$$es spanked its not debatable but at the same time you will get yours spanked too..... in 6 years lets come back and have an actual debate on whos transition was better....

Comment

Working...
                              X