Vote Liriano In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote Liriano In

Cast your votes for Fransico Liriano to get into the All Star Game.
    He's been Baseball's best pitcher this year, don't let him get snubbed.

Stats

9-1, 1.99 ERA, 94 SO in 84 innings

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASAp...x.jsp?c_id=min

Re: Vote Liriano In

Voted 20 times last night! ;D

Any baseball fan worth his or her salt should know what an amazing pitcher this young man is.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I lost count onhow many times I voted for him. Anybody know if you are limited to 25 votes like the regular ballot?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I dont know, but I'm planning on using a different computer and a different e-mail address this week! ;D
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Just areminder to Twins fans to vote today for Liriano. Vote early and often! Balloting ends this (Thur.) afternoon.

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
          I lost count onhow many times I voted for him. Anybody know if you are limited to 25 votes like the regular ballot?
          There is no limit.

Comment

Wow something this Coyote Fan can agree with you on. Go Liriano and Go Twins. Franisco is now 10-1 after a 7 inning shutout performance. Na, he's not an all star now is he.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

He never should have been included in the final vote. There is no reason for someone with his talent to not have been included with the roster. If he would have been a started at the beginning of the year, he would have been at between 12-14 wins. The Twins better sign him cheap to a many year contract. Don't wait for arbitration. They will get killed with the amount they will have to pay this guy.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Yeah, if Lohse's past performance was worth $3.4 million for this year, I can't imagine what Liriano would get. He has to be top 2-3 in Cy Young as of today.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The infamous Kyle Lohse (who has Scott Boras - the man who got $250 mil for A-Rod - as an agent) is actually getting $3.95 million this year. Liriano, barring a meltdown and a trip back to the minors, will be eligible for arbitration after the 2008 season, giving the Twins some time to work on a long-term deal. Regardless of what route the Twins go (extension or arbitration), it will take some major dollars to tie up Liriano, Mauer, and Morneau for the long-term.

Comment

The management of the Twins has been kind of questionable since their run as AL champion has ended. They have let some good players go but then again some of the good players that have been let go struggled after leaving the twins. The twins havent gotten bad the AL Central has become that good. shocking to what we have seen in the past with Cleveland in the 90s.

Comment

Well, at least he made as substitute. Conteras out, Liriano in.

Comment

I guess there is some justice after all... or at least some common sense!!!

WOO-HOO!!! I'M A SOPHOMORE!!!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It's hard to critique TR for some of his moves in the past five years, particularly since the future of the franchise in MN was murky, at best, before the stadium was approved. Let's run some down:

1) Drafting Mauer over Prior in 2001. The Twins got criticized for going with the "cheaper" option, but Mauer has more productivity now and more upside. Plus, it allowed for......
                          2) Trading A.J. for Nathan, Boof, and Liriano....aka Grand Theft All-Star Pitching. Mauer's rise (plus A.J.'s increasing mouth and salary) made this brilliant move possible.
                          3) Signing Redmond as a back-up last year and Reyes as the lefty set-up were solid moves.
                          4) Signing White and Batista were horrendous moves.
                          5) Signing Castro as a backup was OK, but making him a starter was dreadful.
                          6) Shipping Milton out was necessary, so was jettisoning Dougie Mint-whatever.
                          7) Letting Jones and Koskie go were break-even moves due to their cost and age.
                          8) Does anyone really miss Mays, J.C., Rivas, Guzman, or LaTroy?
                          9) Letting Ortiz walk is a bot infamous, but no one else in MLB wanted to take a fly at him until Boston did cuz' of his lack of range and iffy durability.

Is there anything else I missed? The WBC did affect the Twins significantly, especially putting Liriano in the bullpen.

BTW, congratulations, jackrabit1! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Why thank you!
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                            X