Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big 10 is overated

Discuss

Let's smack on teams/conferences that we actually compete/play against.

They have one WBB team in the #25, same as the Summitt League.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: The Big 10 is overated

Our league has its (un)official beer: Summit Beer. LINK I'm wearing my official Summit Brewery cap as I type.

The Big 10 does not have an official beer.

I think the SEC had a semi-official beer but it's not produced any more. Remember that stuff named after Jimmy Carter's brother? Was it Billy Beer?

End of discussion.

Comment

Does overrated have to "r"'s?
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I thought that "overated" referred to overeating on the part of Big 10 fans . . . that's where the "Big" comes from.

HAH!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not if you're talking about how you had too much for dinner.

Here's something for the Big 10: [linky]*

*i'd wait a while to try any, though. heard big 10 goes a little flat during the bowl season
          looks like filbert wins the race on that one. oh well
          Last edited by UTH; 01-01-2009, 12:33 PM. Reason: Filbert beat me to the punch...

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
            Not if you're talking about how you had too much for dinner.

Here's something for the Big 10: [linky]*

*i'd wait a while to try any, though. heard big 10 goes a little flat during the bowl season
            looks like filbert wins the race on that one. oh well
            BlackLabel beer sold for 10 cents a 12 oz bottle in the Navy NCO club in Japan 1967-69, and I drank much more than my share. The stuff is disgusting and makes you very intoxicated after 2 bucks worth. I often wondered what they had on the Defense Department to force this crap on us valiant serving sailors of the US Navy. Oh well I bet it would cost 5 bucks a bottle at a Vikings game if it were on the concession list.

Comment

Discuss

Let's smack on teams/conferences that we actually compete/play against.

They have one WBB team in the #25, same as the Summitt League.
              You mean Big 11 right?? I don't refer to them as the Big 10 anymore, just the Big 11

Comment

Don't underestimate JoPa Karma.

Comment

JoPa is Gods older brother.

Comment

YES, the Big Ten is overated. I will acknowldege that every year the Big Ten does have a few teams that can compete with most, if not all, in the country. That being said from top to bottom it doesn't carry nearly as much weight as it did a decade ago (and before).

Comment

JoePa Karma needs to kick in or this could be historic loss

Comment

At least the Hawkeyes won. But I'll be the first to admit, South Carolina is a terrible football team.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          At least the Hawkeyes won. But I'll be the first to admit, South Carolina is a terrible football team.
                          Which just shows there are WAY too many bowl games. A lot of the teams are not that good yet they get invited to play in bowls that are televised nationally. I would guess the preparation for and effort during the games are not as they had been during the regular season.

FBS NEEDS a playoff system........it's a joke they don't have one. It comes down to money and that is just plain wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksbacker View Post
                            JoePa Karma needs to kick in or this could be historic loss
                            My friend and I were discussing what he is actually listening to during games on his head set. This is what we think is going on:

He's actually listening to a different game. Some student manager is on the other side taking notes and keeping him busy.

And did you hear he didn't go down to the locker room at halftime against USC? It's cuz it wasn't halftime in his game yet. The GA was in charge of getting 11 guys together for him to meet downstairs for the pep talk.

I really think Letterman could do this on his show: "Top Ten Things JoPa is doing on his headset during the game." I can see it now!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                              My friend and I were discussing what he is actually listening to during games on his head set. This is what we think is going on:

He's actually listening to a different game. Some student manager is on the other side taking notes and keeping him busy.

And did you hear he didn't go down to the locker room at halftime against USC? It's cuz it wasn't halftime in his game yet. The GA was in charge of getting 11 guys together for him to meet downstairs for the pep talk.

I really think Letterman could do this on his show: "Top Ten Things JoPa is doing on his headset during the game." I can see it now!
                              Kind of weird that the head coach doesn't go down to the locker room at halftime to talk to his players. I think it's probably time for Joe to hang it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X