Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Any Hope for the T-Wolves?

http://www.startribune.com/511/story/546064.html

After yet another season of mediocrity, the T-Wolves big free agent splash is signing a 31-year-old point guard with one good season under his belt. I see another 37-45 season on the horizon.... :-? :-? :-?

Re: Is There Any Hope for the T-Wolves?

The signing that finally gets McHale axed.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

THIS is the "big rebuilding effort" for Garnett?? I'd ask for a trade!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

McHale must have pictures of the owner with a goat or something because I can't remember the last time I said to myself, "That was a damn good move!" It's like Pohlad with the Twins!

Get Garnett the help he needs to get it done and be competitive!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
          The signing that finally gets McHale axed.
          ++++++

About time too.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

In all fairness to McHale, there wasn't much in the free agent market this year. But getting Randy Foye in the draft will help, he's a future dwayne wade type and will put up good numbers his rookie year.
            Prediction: Twolves make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

Comment

I'm guessing they are going to make a trade also because of how many guards they have.
              Marcus Banks
              Anthony Carter
              Ricky Davis
              Trenton Hassell
              Troy Hudson
              Marko Jaric
              Rashad McCants
              Randy Foye
              Bracey Wright

They really need down low.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell2006
                In all fairness to McHale, there wasn't much in the free agent market this year. But getting Randy Foye in the draft will help, he's a future dwayne wade type and will put up good numbers his rookie year.
                Prediction: Twolves make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.
                That's the thing mitchell2006, we've been saying things like this about McHale for years.

In all fairness to the fans, McHale needs to go!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

according to the article garnett called him and told him he wanted him. so maybe garnett is a bad judge of talent?

Comment

The version of the article I read said that James was swayed by the meeting in LV with Garnett and the Wolves. Not really sure that means Garnett wanted him, it could be that he played the good teammate/employee/host with Taylor and McHale. James was real clear on where he was going; whoever came up with the bucks. One good year, 31 years old, and took the entire mid-level exception. Foye better develop fast; because the T'Wolves track record means James will get hurt and miss 15 of the first 25 games; and then struggle the rest of the year. Yes, I am bitter.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The version of the article I read said that James was swayed by the meeting in LV with Garnett and the Wolves. Not really sure that means Garnett wanted him, it could be that he played the good teammate/employee/host with Taylor and McHale. James was real clear on where he was going; whoever came up with the bucks. One good year, 31 years old, and took the entire mid-level exception. Foye better develop fast; because the T'Wolves track record means James will get hurt and miss 15 of the first 25 games; and then struggle the rest of the year. Yes, I am bitter.
                      I'd say you are a realist. Why should the expectation be for anything less/more? Perhaps they will trade and bring Cassell back.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

the t-wolves really stink in my opinion, i've been a spurs fan since well since 1990. i don't think the t-wolves have what it takes to be nba champs anytime soon. thats just my take on the situation. but they do have bad luck of signing free agents who soon after the season starts get injured.

Comment

The T-Wolves with KG have been like the BS Conference when it comes to expansion: A BIG TEASE!

I think Taylor should clean house and start over because they won't be able to rebuild in time for KG (who has been one of the greats) to win a title and the franchise just needs a mulligan after all of that crap they've gone through since they started.......perhaps a list of the 25 crappiest events in T-Wolves history is in the order? (#1-Getting the Lottery Shaft when Shaq came out of LSU)

Comment

I don't think anything can beat the stupidity of putting the illegal Joe Smith contracts in writing. I mean a wink and a nod is one thing, but memorializing them and then forgetting how many copies you made. Taylor is lucky, freeeking lucky, the NBA didn't force him to sell after that. He wouldn't have gotten very much when for the franchise when the league sets a sell by date.

Comment

I don't think anything can beat the stupidity of putting the illegal Joe Smith contracts in writing. I mean a wink and a nod is one thing, but memorializing them and then forgetting how many copies you made. Taylor is lucky, freeeking lucky, the NBA didn't force him to sell after that. He wouldn't have gotten very much when for the franchise when the league sets a sell by date.
                              Man, I forgot about that deal! I had just let the whole thing go from earlier. It's like dejavu all over again! The problems run much deeper than McHale!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Working...
                              X