POLL: Who's the rival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Who's the rival?

Coyote Fan poses the question: which school is the bigger rival for SDSU, the NDSU Bison or the USD coyotes?

Knowing full well the Coyotes skulking about this message board will attempt to stuff the ballot box, I propose a scientific poll. Vote away.
    NDSU
    98.11%
    USD
    1.89%

The poll is expired.

Re: POLL: Who's the rival?

Ha! The early polling shows NDSU off to a strong lead!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Back in the day it was definitely USD. Growing up in Arlington in the 80s and 90s, I got to see first hand what that rivalry was like. That was about down right hate between the two schools.

But the new rivalry is NDSU. My entire college career was in the transitional period, so I got to see what that rivalry is like. This is more about respect between the two schools.

We will have to see what the future bring in reviving the SDSU-USD rivalry. Maybe one day that one will over take the one we have with NDSU now, but I think that will take a while.

Comment

I don't see Iowa State on the list . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I guess the smack topics mostly about USD probably don't mean much. Especially since most of them were started by SDSU fans. You can admit it or not but SDSU fans would generally get more "UP" for a game against USD then they currently do against NDSU. Deny all you want but is the atmosphere a Frost as caotic against the Bison as it was when USD was the opponent.

Bison fans will consider the Sioux their biggest rival as soon as they play each other and probably sooner. I think most NDSU fans would say they would have a more difficult time accepting a loss to UND than they would SDSU.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            I guess the smack topics mostly about USD probably don't mean much. Especially since most of them were started by SDSU fans. You can admit it or not but SDSU fans would generally get more "UP" for a game against USD then they currently do against NDSU. Deny all you want but is the atmosphere a Frost as caotic against the Bison as it was when USD was the opponent.

Bison fans will consider the Sioux their biggest rival as soon as they play each other and probably sooner. I think most NDSU fans would say they would have a more difficult time accepting a loss to UND than they would SDSU.
            Have you been to the Dakota Marker Games? Case closed.

Comment

I guess the smack topics mostly about USD probably don't mean much.
              DING DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner!!!

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Have you been to the Dakota Marker Games? Case closed.
                Exactly.

Comment

I guess the smack topics mostly about USD probably don't mean much.
                  FINALLY! Smack topics don't mean much.

EP was right that USD was the former rival, but I graduated from State in Dec 84. I remember discussing at the time whether or not Augie had passed USD as the team you most wanted to beat. Most of us looked forward to the Augie games, most everybody was just sick of USD games. And the blame was not put all on USD, we didn't like the way some Jacks fans acted at the games either. The focus wasn't the game anymore, but what were the "fans" (read drunk students) going to do; that got old FAST.

ANd yes, I was on occasion one of the drunk students.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

NDSU easily... that's like asking if the University of Ohio or Michigan is the chief rival of Ohio State. The out of state team is of course the bigger rival because they play each other every year and are considered equals. The second class citizens- Ohio and USD, lag behind in everything from fan support to funding to relevence and have to resort to hypothetical situations in order to come up with some reason to be considered a top rival.

Comment

What kind of rival? the one that you want to kill on and off the field, the one that you would loose sleep over if you lost to them, the one where if your friend goes there they are no longer considered a friend? then its USD.... If its the one that you respect on and off the court, root for them when they are playing anybody but you, and want them to succeed because them succeeding is you succeeding? then its NDSU.....

The closest thing I could see to a true example would be us as Colorado.... Nebraska is the rival but so is CSU.... Nebraska is more of a rival game, but at the same point you HATE CSU... the only thing is I think they hate Nebraska also....

Comment

Current SDSU rivals (my personal opinion, of course, with preference given to revenue sports):

1. NDSU.
                        2. Western Illinois.
                        3. Northern Iowa.
                        4. Oral Roberts.
                        5. UMKC.
                        6. IPFW. (I hate those guys! Spear the shaggy elephants! )
                        7. Oakland.
                        8. IUPUI.
                        9. Iowa State.
                        10. Drake.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Current SDSU rivals (my personal opinion, of course, with preference given to revenue sports):

1. NDSU.
                          2. Western Illinois.
                          3. Northern Iowa.
                          4. Oral Roberts.
                          5. UMKC.
                          6. IPFW. (I hate those guys! Spear the shaggy elephants! )
                          7. Oakland.
                          8. IUPUI.
                          9. Iowa State.
                          10. Drake.

What no Centenary??

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            What kind of rival? the one that you want to kill on and off the field, the one that you would loose sleep over if you lost to them, the one where if your friend goes there they are no longer considered a friend? then its USD.... If its the one that you respect on and off the court, root for them when they are playing anybody but you, and want them to succeed because them succeeding is you succeeding? then its NDSU.....

The closest thing I could see to a true example would be us as Colorado.... Nebraska is the rival but so is CSU.... Nebraska is more of a rival game, but at the same point you HATE CSU... the only thing is I think they hate Nebraska also....
                            Not true, I just shake my head and tell them I'm sorry, they are still my friends I just feel bad for them

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              Not true, I just shake my head and tell them I'm sorry, they are still my friends I just feel bad for them
                              ya ur probably right i have a few kinda friends that go to the U..... I was referring to the Friends don't let friends go to Duke... but sub USD there....

Comment

Working...
                              X