USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

I've been too nice here lately. Time to get real again. The Yotes are just better than the Jacks. If the game was to be played Cain for the dunk over Kai Williams, Yotes go 14-27 from three point land and defeat the Jacks 86-67 in Frost to extend the winning streak to 3 over the Bunnies :-)

Yotes beat SW Min St tonight. Something neither SDSU nor UND could do.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    I've been too nice here lately. Time to get real again. The Yotes are just better than the Jacks. If the game was to be played Cain for the dunk over Kai Williams, Yotes go 14-27 from three point land and defeat the Jacks 86-67 in Frost to extend the winning streak to 3 over the Bunnies :-)

OK, let me get this straight . . .

You're crowing about winning a game against a D-II team? Seriously? Hows about you beat yourself a D-I counter before you puff your chest out and burst some of those buttons, eh?

Oh, and just like away games for USD, exhibition games don't count. Except, of course, that exhibition games really, really don't count. Really. Just go ask the NCAA.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If you call that stolen game a win.....good for you. I wouldn't toot my horn too loudly after that terrible call at the end of the game.

Comment

Your own beat writer said SMSU was robbed. WOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          OK, let me get this straight . . .

You're crowing about winning a game against a D-II team? Seriously?
          The same D-II team SDSU lost to?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

USD, now THAT's a fourth-rate educational institution. I'd rather get a degree from Normandale Community College than USD. The current AAS in Architectural Drafting that I have from Hennepin Technical College is worth more than a catskin-I mean, sheepskin from the University of Subpar Degrees. Talk about bush league to the max, that's all they do down in Vermillion. Got your first McDonald's in 2003?? LOL!! Soviet Russia got theirs 14 years earlier!! You're only 14 years behind communism in Vermillion!! LOL.

You beat Southwest Central Northeastern Middle Minnesota State Tech tonight, eh?? Wow, we just got done beating Northern Arizona (which is a DI team, something you guys don't know how to schedule) at HOME (good luck getting something like that set up for next year) by 22 points and almost beating USC on Saturday (yes, THAT USC, not USC-Upstate or Cal-State Los Angeles or anything stupid like that).

You wanna see how your guys would play against the big boys of NDSU?? We came within a hair's breadth of beating USC and have been schellacking almost all other teams on our schedule, save for the #23 Goophers, whom we kept a decent game with. You guys wouldn't stand a Whopper's chance in an Overeater's Anonymous meting at the BSA. Maybe you guys could take one of your old rickety yellow school buses (the same kind you drove 27 hours to South Carolina to play a horible DII school) and take US 75 up to Moorhead and lose to the Dragons before you come to the BSA for your woodshed beating. Don't forget to fill the tank up with diesel and grab your PB&J sammiches for the trip!! Woodside alone may drop 50+ on you, while you'll be playing all your starters with our 3rd string out in the 2nd half and still beating you by 40-plus. Come up here for it, I DARE you.

The likes of you talking smack to the Bunnies is HILARIOUS. Yote fans shouldn't be talking smack to ANY DI or DII school at all. Save it for the likes of the finest NAIA schools this region has to offer.

Sorry for the rant Jacks fans, but I just had to set some Yotie fans straight. They think they were even relevant in DII, which they never were. They'll do the same in DI.

Comment

Bisonator,

I guess you took one to many beating from the Coyote Basketball team over the years that it has gotten to your brain and shrunk any good cells that were left. NDSU basketball history, I am still laughing. You better stick to football.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Bisonator,

I guess you took one to many beating from the Coyote Basketball team over the years that it has gotten to your brain and shrunk any good cells that were left. NDSU basketball history, I am still laughing. You better stick to football.
                NDSU Basketball: Possibly making it to the Big Dance this year.

Can the Yoties say the same?? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  The same D-II team SDSU lost to?
                  *sigh*

Exhibition games don't count. Really, really, really don't count. As in, stats aren't recorded, neither is the W or L.

That doesn't mean, of course, that SDSU's MBB team isn't bad (it is) but really . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
                    USD, now THAT's a fourth-rate educational institution. I'd rather get a degree from Normandale Community College than USD. The current AAS in Architectural Drafting that I have from Hennepin Technical College is worth more than a catskin-I mean, sheepskin from the University of Subpar Degrees. Talk about bush league to the max, that's all they do down in Vermillion. Got your first McDonald's in 2003?? LOL!! Soviet Russia got theirs 14 years earlier!! You're only 14 years behind communism in Vermillion!! LOL.

You beat Southwest Central Northeastern Middle Minnesota State Tech tonight, eh?? Wow, we just got done beating Northern Arizona (which is a DI team, something you guys don't know how to schedule) at HOME (good luck getting something like that set up for next year) by 22 points and almost beating USC on Saturday (yes, THAT USC, not USC-Upstate or Cal-State Los Angeles or anything stupid like that).

You wanna see how your guys would play against the big boys of NDSU?? We came within a hair's breadth of beating USC and have been schellacking almost all other teams on our schedule, save for the #23 Goophers, whom we kept a decent game with. You guys wouldn't stand a Whopper's chance in an Overeater's Anonymous meting at the BSA. Maybe you guys could take one of your old rickety yellow school buses (the same kind you drove 27 hours to South Carolina to play a horible DII school) and take US 75 up to Moorhead and lose to the Dragons before you come to the BSA for your woodshed beating. Don't forget to fill the tank up with diesel and grab your PB&J sammiches for the trip!! Woodside alone may drop 50+ on you, while you'll be playing all your starters with our 3rd string out in the 2nd half and still beating you by 40-plus. Come up here for it, I DARE you.

The likes of you talking smack to the Bunnies is HILARIOUS. Yote fans shouldn't be talking smack to ANY DI or DII school at all. Save it for the likes of the finest NAIA schools this region has to offer.

Sorry for the rant Jacks fans, but I just had to set some Yotie fans straight. They think they were even relevant in DII, which they never were. They'll do the same in DI.
                    Never fear, Bisonator . . . D-I will continue to administer appropriate lessons unto the Yotes until some of the brighter among them begin to figure it out (like their Coach Boots already has) . . . I've tried to explain to them that the success of the NDSU MBB team and the SDSU WBB team are NOT THE NORM for transitioning D-II schools . . . just ask SDSU MBB or NDSU WBB . . . it ain't easy winning in the big time, something the USD people just don't get--yet.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Jacks_Fan View Post
                      If you call that stolen game a win.....good for you. I wouldn't toot my horn too loudly after that terrible call at the end of the game.

Looks like you showed quite a bit of interest in the Coyotes game tonight. That is a good thing. I think the last time I watched the Jacks play was when they were in the Dakotadome last time they played, oh wait that was in Omaha. Whats the difference both W's for the Yotes.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

NDSU will be back into basketball oblivion soon enough. Once Woodshed is gone is will be all over once again for NDSU basketball. The program makes a slight rise every 15 years or so. See ya in 2023 next time NDSU shows any glimpse of respectability again.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

NDSU will be back into basketball oblivion soon enough. Once Woodshed is gone is will be all over once again for NDSU basketball. The program makes a slight rise every 15 years or so. See ya in 2023 next time NDSU shows any glimpse of respectability again.
                          So what makes you think USD will be more consistently competitive in DI than NDSU over the next 10-20 years?? It's not like recruits are stumbling over each other to go to school in Vermillion, SD. If you give a 3-star prospect from inner-city Minneapolis offers from the four Dakota schools, he'll almost always choose NDSU over the three others due to the fact that NDSU is located in the closest thing resembling a city, and the fact that our campus is the largest and most ingrained into an urban neighbourhood, meaning the campus and city has a lot more to offer.

Good luck in the future Yoties. You'll need it BAD.

Comment

I understand you have difficulty with facts, but we'll try some anyway:

Sagarin has SDSU at #268. He doesn't rate USD (which is perhaps wise, seeing as how USD generally doesn't rate (see what I did there, humor-wise?)).

Pomeroy has SDSU at #235. USD doesn't rate with him, either.

Dolphin has SDSU at #289. No USD rated there, either.

TeamRankings? SDSU: #275. USD: Doesn't rate.

Hey, Talismanred has USD rated! At #324. SDSU's rating? #293. Oops. There are more teams between USD and SDSU than there are between USD and the bottom of the barrel.

Translation: We might not be very good, but we're better than you are.

Conclusion: you fail at smack. And at basketball analysis. Maybe you should stick to seven-degrees-of-Bacon-style score comparisons?
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hey yote since DII means so much to you, NDSU was 4-1 in their last 5 games with USD. Regardless of that what we have done in DI so far speaks for itself. Our coach Saul Phillips has a nice class of recruits coming in, players had offers from the Big 12, CAA, and Horizon League. Those are not just DI conferences, but top 15 DI conferences.

Michael Tveidt is also emerging as a great talent, he is going to be huge for us in the next few years. I can't say how much he is starting to impress me. We won't be as solid next year, but we won't fall of the edge of the Earth. Our big 3 has started something up here, and as Saul Phillips said tonight we are not a one class program.

Comment

Working...
                              X