Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyforce in the D-League

Argus article:
    The Skyforce and Sioux Falls will host the NBA Development League's premier event this season.

The D-League's Martin Luther King Jr. Showcase will be held Jan. 15-17, 2007, at the Arena. It is the Skyforce's first year being associated with the NBA farm system.
    . . .
    In its third year, the Showcase will expand by four games and from two to three days. All of this year's games will be broadcast on the NBA's cable TV channel, NBA TV.
    . . .
    # An increased effort to partner NBA teams with D-League affiliates continued, and the Skyforce will be the farm team for the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons. In doing so, they become the first Sioux Falls franchise tied to a major league club since the Packers baseball team was associated with the Cincinnati Reds from 1966-71.

# The affiliation brings a new logo for the Skyforce for the upcoming season.
    I'm inclined to view the Skyforce as the primary competitor to SDSU for the men's basketball dollar in the Sioux Falls/South Dakota market. (Parenthetically, Augie and USD need to take a good look at the Skyforce as well as SDSU when gauging their available market for moving to D-I). I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Skyforce in the D-League

Skyforce just named Mo McHone the head coach yesterday...

Judging by how popular Mo was in his first time around, the Skyforce is going to be pretty popular this winter.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I think they will do very well this winter, especially since the team now has a direct tie to the T-wolves & Pistons. I'm not sure the Pistons are that big of deal for SF, except for the fact the Flip is coaching there now.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Living in SF, I never go to a Skyforce game unless I get free tickets. I would rather drive the 52 miles to Brookings, spend my money at SDSU, and have a lot better time. The SF arena really needs to step up to the next level and install a video board and new scoreboards. Going to a game there without replay and video clips sucks. I think the CBA was poo poo(not to mention all professional basketball). We'll see what happens with the new D league. My guess, it will be poo poo too!! Go to Frost and see real basketball, not a circus show.

Comment

Working...
        X