New D-line Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New D-line Coach

I heard this morning that they hired a new D-line coach. I was told he is coming from Wayne State in Nebraska but the person could not give me his name. Any further info would be nice.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: New D-line Coach

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I heard this morning that they hired a new D-line coach. I was told he is coming from Wayne State in Nebraska but the person could not give me his name. Any further info would be nice.

If he is from Wayne in NE, I would say you could find him here amongst their current coaches...any guesses?

http://wscwildcats.com/sidebar.asp?id=454&path=football
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      I was thinking it might be this guy who was listed on their roster last year but isn't currently listed on their coaching staff. He was the defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator.

http://wsuathletics.cstv.com/sports/...i_scott00.html
      Doc,
      I think you are looking at the website for Wayne State in Michigan...I made the same mistake right away too.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Dan McLaughlin, the head coach would be a great addition, but I doubt its him.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          Doc,
          I think you are looking at the website for Wayne State in Michigan...I made the same mistake right away too.
          Yeah, I'm an idiot. Maybe I should have recognized the green colors and the fact all the guys were from Michigan. I'm usually a little quicker than that.

So, I'll get rid of that link.

This I do know, the person I spoke to had a son who was recruited by Wayne State and she says the coach was there when her son looked at the program. That would have been 4 years ago. I'm kind of wishing I just would have waited for the official announcement.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Pure speculation, but if your source is correct doc it would most likely be Clint Brown. Clint was interviewed back in 1999-2000 for one of the openings. Six degrees of separation...Husker ties as a player...coached with former OC Gerry Gdowski (I knew Clint at New Mexico State). He's a good guy and a great coach. We'd be lucky to have him if he is the one.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

i bet its clint brown,

Comment

Some will say that these two were to hard on kids, but hopefully he follows the mold of Karl Ballard and Rob Sarvis, in that he definetely knows how to light a fire under some butts. I know alot of kids that played for those two and everyone of them would of ran through a brick wall for those guys. We need intensity on the coaching staff, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                  Pure speculation, but if your source is correct doc it would most likely be Clint Brown. Clint was interviewed back in 1999-2000 for one of the openings. Six degrees of separation...Husker ties as a player...coached with former OC Gerry Gdowski (I knew Clint at New Mexico State). He's a good guy and a great coach. We'd be lucky to have him if he is the one.
                  I'm pretty darn sure you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                    i bet its clint brown,
                    Clint was at SMSU for a few months when I was being recruited by them back in 2003-2004. Everytime I talked to him he made me excited to play for him. Seemed like a great guy and a very good coach. We'd be lucky to have him here.

Comment

I do know that Clint did visit recently. If there is indeed a new D-Line coach, it is him.
                      The good lord put your eyes in the front of your head rather than the back so you can see where your going, not where ya been.- Dr. Holtz

Comment

Any new news on the D-Line position front?
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Its Clint Brown but I haven't heard much about him.

Comment

I have no knowledge about whether Clint Brown is the new hire. But, if you're interested in reading his bio on Wayne State College's website, here's the link.

The guy played on Nebraska's 13-0 national championship team in 1994.

Comment

Working...
                            X