Steve Heiden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Heiden

Steve Heiden was just carted off the field in Philly. Looked ugly. A guy rolled up the back of his leg and he collapsed. Hope he is okay.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Re: Steve Heiden

I saw it too. I wish him well, but that looked like a season ender.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      I saw it too. I wish him well, but that looked like a season ender.
      Agreed. And the Browns suck and don't have any chance at the playoffs, so no reason to hustle back either. Yikes they look bad tonight.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Initial report from the Plain Dealer game story:

The Browns' depleted offense took another hit in the third quarter when tight end Steve Heiden suffered injuries to his right knee and ankle. He did not return.
        http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...day_snooz.html

Best wishes to Steve for a speedy recovery!
        "You trusted us"

Comment

No word yet on the extent of Heiden's injury.
          Story in today's Cleveland Plain Dealer doesn't add anything:
          http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer...060.xml&coll=2

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/...wns_injuries_1
            Browns tight end Steve Heiden has torn ligaments in his right knee and will miss the rest of the season.
            Heiden injured the ACL during Cleveland's 30-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night. Browns coach Romeo Crennel says Heiden will undergo surgery Thursday.
            Not a fun year to watch my Browns... Best of luck in recovery Steve, you've filled in wonderfully for Winslow this year.

Comment

Steve tore his MCL and ACL. He's pretty bummed obviously.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Heiden has always been a favorite player of mine. A small town Minnesota kid goes to SDSU and plays a long time in the NFL. I wish him all the best in his recovery

Comment

Browns traded away Kellen Winslow today. Is that a sign of confidence in Heiden even with last season's knee injury? Or just unloading a contract and putting them on the look out for another, younger TE? Anyone follow the NFL close enough to have any insights? MJA - any word from Heiden?
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I read on SI.com that the new coach decided his locker room antics weren't worth it anymore considering his contract and the fact that his legs are about 10 years older than the rest of his body. Not sure what that means for Heiden. I am guessing they will be looking at the draft for someone; can't recall any free agent TEs available.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I agree that the new coach wanted to get rid of Winslow. He will never be half the player his dad was. But I also think they have faith in Steve. They might still draft a tight end in April, but I think Steve should have a good season.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Talked to SteveO. His therapy is going well and looks to be good to go by fall camp. He's pretty excited. He thinks they'll obviously draft a couple TE's but he's feeling pretty good. Its amazing how long a good blocking TE can last in the league. Hopefully they throw him the ball now and then.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Tight ends preview from the Browns website, with some nice words about Steve:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9670
                          "You trusted us"

Comment

Hopefully Heiden gets back 100% real soon. He's exactly the type of tough guy that Jets Coach Eric Mangini likes.

Comment

Looks like Steve Heiden is back and feeling healthy. Scored the first legit Browns touchdown of the season with 1:33 left in the first half against Cincinnati on a 1-yard pass from Derek Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                              X