20-7 UNI, 14:30 to go in the 4th.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: UNI-Richmond football national semifinal

20-14 UNI, 11 minutes to go.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wow . . . just looked up and it's Richmond 21 UNI 20, Richmond kicking off with 14 seconds left.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I watched it. UNI really fell apart in the fourth quarter. They had it in their hands and blew it. Richmond may have the greatest helmets in all of football, but they didn't look like the kind of team that should make the finals.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            I watched it. UNI really fell apart in the fourth quarter. They had it in their hands and blew it. Richmond may have the greatest helmets in all of football, but they didn't look like the kind of team that should make the finals.

I would agree, in fact the entire east coast seems to be suspect in my opinion. It would be much smarter to get some games out east than to waste our time playing USD. I think the Colonial League needs to be taken down a few pegs and SDSU and NDSU could do that very easily.

With UNI, getting that close to a National Title, it makes me view the the National title as possible for SDSU. UNI was very good, but not overwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I would agree, in fact the entire east coast seems to be suspect in my opinion. It would be much smarter to get some games out east than to waste our time playing USD. I think the Colonial League needs to be taken down a few pegs and SDSU and NDSU could do that very easily.

With UNI, getting that close to a National Title, it makes me view the the National title as possible for SDSU. UNI was very good, but not overwhelming.
              It was unfortunate Landry was hurt for James Madison. If he is in the game I believe JMU beats Montana.

JMU's running game was very very good and Landry is probably the best "running" QB in the FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                I can't believe how UNI choked it away. Sad to see. I also cannot believe the last play call of the game! What in the hell was that!?!?!?!
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  It was unfortunate Landry was hurt for James Madison. If he is in the game I believe JMU beats Montana.

JMU's running game was very very good and Landry is probably the best "running" QB in the FCS.
                  I don't know about that. JMU is so one dimensional and their backup QB did a good job. Turnovers killed JMU and Montana played as well as they could. I give all the credit to Montana.

UNI fans have to be crushed, absolutely crushed. What a crappy way to end the season. Big time choke job at home.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Different team off thread but what about Northwest Missouri losing four straight National Title games in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

We do have Delaware coming up in 2010, I think.

I agree that none of the playoff teams I saw seem unbeatable from our perspective. We're getting closer all the time.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Does the UNI dome only seat 12-13,000? If not, why don't they sell it out for home playoff games?

Comment

I got to thinking about the playoffs going on in the FCS and the terrible weather we had here this weekend. The crazy thought crossed my mind about what would have happened if the ball bounced a little differently this year and we could have been hosting football games at CAS for the playoffs.

How could you possibly play a game in the weather we just went through? Can you imagine what the players from Richmond would have been thinking if they had to play in a Dakota Blizzard instead of the UNI-Dome?

Comment

Would think it would translate into a decent home-field advantage. However the north east teams wouldn't be too shocked by it. Maybe a McNeese St. or Furman would be shocked by the cold.

I'd be more interested on our turnout. Would hope we would get at least 10k for an outside game. Not sure what that says about 12k in a dome...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              I got to thinking about the playoffs going on in the FCS and the terrible weather we had here this weekend. The crazy thought crossed my mind about what would have happened if the ball bounced a little differently this year and we could have been hosting football games at CAS for the playoffs.

How could you possibly play a game in the weather we just went through? Can you imagine what the players from Richmond would have been thinking if they had to play in a Dakota Blizzard instead of the UNI-Dome?

I've always thought the same thing...but it was actually a really nice day this past Saturday...Sunday on the other hand...

But yeah, I know what you're saying...And I thought the Illinois State game this year was awful...I know I'd still be there though!!

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                              X