Bad News Twins Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News Twins Fans

The Minnesota Twins placed center fielder Torii Hunter on the 15-day disabled list Sunday after learning the five-time Gold Glove award winner has a stress fracture in his left foot.

Hunter was the third Twins outfielder disabled in the past four days, a discouraging development for a team that is desperately trying to catch the Tigers and White Sox in the AL Central race.

Lew Ford strained a muscle on his right side while swinging at a pitch in Thursday's game, and Shannon Stewart returned to the DL for the second time this season after reinjuring his left foot Saturday night.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Re: Bad News Twins Fans

But Rondell hit a homer today. ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Here's the kicker...

Non-release trade deadline is coming up in a couple of weeks... should the Twins trade for anyone?
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Only if they are a seller and with Hunter's injury, I'm not sure they have anything they would be willing to sell that someone else would buy.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
          But Rondell hit a homer today. ;D ;D ;D ;D
          2-run single tonight. This is a good if not great Twins team in a unbelievable division. If not for a dismal start by the Twins this division would have the 3 of the top 5 records in all of baseball. I say keep playing hard and see what happens, especially with Tori hurt.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Matt Zimmer says the team should possibly do a trade and get Meinky back from KC... looking at all the injuries the Twins have had (especially with Shannon Stewart feeling doubtful he'll return), is this a possiblity?
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Won't happen, they won't move Morneau to the DH and the trade wouldn't fit a need. They need a better bat than Mienkavich (sp). I'm guessing the only move they make is in trading Lohse if there are any takers. They could also give up some prospects to get a vetern 3B like Joe Randa. I guess if Doug can play third they might try it, but punto has been playing very good at the hot spot.

Comment

I don't think it he would take over at 1B, but just be a solid backup, just in case.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell2006
                  Won't happen, they won't move Morneau to the DH and the trade wouldn't fit a need. They need a better bat than Mienkavich (sp). I'm guessing the only move they make is in trading Lohse if there are any takers. They could also give up some prospects to get a vetern 3B like Joe Randa. I guess if Doug can play third they might try it, but punto has been playing very good at the hot spot.
                  Randa has been talked about for a while now. I spoke to TR when he was in Rochester with Leber for an autism awareness planning session. TR wasn't high on trading for Randa. Thought he was solid but nothing more than that. I asked him about Chipper Jones and he didn't have much to say. I think they will make a move in the next week or two. I am just not sure in what direction. Make a run for the wild card or start building for the future? Maybe I'm a dreamer but I think they could catch the Sox (both of them).
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Matt Zimmer says the team should possibly do a trade and get Meinky back from KC... looking at all the injuries the Twins have had (especially with Shannon Stewart feeling doubtful he'll return), is this a possiblity?
                    With what the Twins need. How does a less-than stellar hitter like Dougie fill a need? I'm not a big Zimmer fan. Either he seems to mimic the Star-Trib's Ruesse or he comes up with these really great ideas. :

Comment

Probably thinking we need a solid glove, either at first or in the outfield. Considering all the injuries we've had. I doubt he'd be a starter per se, but I think he could fill a reserve role well.

Look at Hunter... bat isn't all that great but a fantastic defensive player
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Is Rondell righted and will it matter?

Comment

1) FirstRow, Rondell is right-handed and I would say three HRs in five games would qualify as grounds for tempered optimsim, even though he had an 0-fer today.

2) The Twins won again today, completing a four-game sweep of Tampa Bay. They have now won seven in a row, but are now facing two big series on the road against Cleveland and Chicago.....

Comment

[quote author=NightHawk78 link=1153079259/0#12 date=1153429355]1) FirstRow, Rondell is right-handed and I would say three HRs in five games would qualify as grounds for tempered optimsim, even though he had an 0-fer today.
                            quote]

I completely missed that when I posted it; I thought I was clever with the alliteration and the righting the ship reference.

Comment

Seven in a row and looking good. They are just a blast to watch right now!

The next couple weeks are absolutely critical for the remainder of the season for both the division and the wildcard. I keep waiting for Detroit to run out of gas but they have hung tough (what a story in itself). If the Twins can have positive results in these two series then things are looking up!

Has Rondell White been any good? When they picked him up I thought, "What the *&%# is going on?" Hats off on an apparent great value!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X