Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy CRAP!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

DALLAS -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived, The Associated Press reported Wednesday citing a police report.

You know...I'd think this was a joke if I didn't get it from ESPN.com AND the AP
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Holy CRAP!!!!

Yes, sanctified shi....er...poo is probably the appropriate response. I can't say I'm surprised . . . T.O. is pretty obviously a world-class head case.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I heard it was an "allergic reaction".  It is entirely possible that the pain meds caused a state of delirium that my have resulted in this behavior.  Not saying T.O. deserves any more consideration than others but he probably deserves no less.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

ESPN The Magazine had a very interesting artilce on T.O. a couple issues back. It really shed some light on how Terrel Owens became T.O. Basically says T.O. has a very fragile personallity.

Comment

I guess if he hadn't single-handedly ripped apart the Philadelphia Eagles (not that I'm an Eagles fan) and otherwise been a borderline-out-of-control loose cannon, I'd probably have a lot more sympathy. My trainer this morning was talking about him being a 'fragile personality' too, although I don't think he used those words.

Hopefully this episode will be a real life-changing experience for him, he'll get whatever help he needs, and return to use his undeniable gifts as a football player to his best benefit in the future.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

A coworker told me about the TO situation today and I thought he was joking. I was actually waiting for the punchline as he stared at me for a response. Finally I said, "Are you serious?" For me it has actually gotten to the point where every time I hear or read a TO story, I think it must be a joke before I realize, nope, its really happening.

I have also gotten to the point where I actually find myself feeling sorry for him. This guy has issues, regardless of the actual story behind the story here.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
            X