Coyote whines in the Argus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote whines in the Argus

Just read Mick Garry's blog post about a live chat reminder and say this doozy of a comment left

Mick,

For the love of god, please help me out. Do you have any idea at all how TV & the Argus Leader, with any credibility at all, label a 14 point loss @ UNRANKED Minnesota by the Jacks (fully funded D1 mind you) a "Barn Burner" & yet a Yotes team (made up of DII players) losing by 26 to RANKED Notre Dame is a "total disaster"? Now obviosuly I'm a Yote fan not looking for any favors on coverage or slants, but it's getting a little much when the story lines are this skewed? Does TV have any credibility left in your department? Does he feel he has to suck up THAT much to be successful? If he was a blogger on a Jacks web-site, knock himself out, but as a supposedly unbiased sportswriter assigned to the Jacks, he's making a fool of himelf. Are the Jack fans that insecure that they need to be coddled into thinkg they ALMOST beat the Gophers? I know, I know, many questions you cannot answer, but I'm glad you at least give it to us as it is, no sugar-coating. I'd rather live with the truth that the Yotes have a LONG way to go, than be bombarded with the BS that we're ALMOST there. Your thoughts?
    Not sure where to put this but it had something to do with the Minnesota game, mods feel free to move it.

Re: U of Minnesota Game Thread

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Just read Mick Garry's blog post about a live chat reminder and say this doozy of a comment left

Not sure where to put this but it had something to do with the Minnesota game, mods feel free to move it.
    Isn't Williams Arena nicknamed "The Barn"?

Could that have something to do with the title of the article?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      Isn't Williams Arena nicknamed "The Barn"?

Could that have something to do with the title of the article?
      That's what I thought too, plus we didn't get blown out like USD got blown out, we were in the game with 10 minutes left

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

Maybe someone should point out to him the section of the article that said the Jacks were within five in the second half. A 26 point loss when you were never within 5 after the first 5 minutes hardly something to compare to. Especially when ND's best player (Harangody) didn't even play.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
          Maybe someone should point out to him the section of the article that said the Jacks were within five in the second half. A 26 point loss when you were never within 5 after the first 5 minutes hardly something to compare to. Especially when ND's best player (Harangody) didn't even play.
          Someone also needs to point out to that genius that TV doesn't write headlines.

Opps. Done and done.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Coyote whines in the Argus

Moving semi-off-topic posts here from the Minnesota men's basketball game thread . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Coyote whines in the Argus

Sorry filbert, wasn't exactly sure where to put it

Comment

I wrote a letter to the editor here where I live and the headline they used was something that really had nothing to do with the letter, just something I wrote in the letter. Then a few days later they had a story with the headline Sheriffs Dept hire fire investigators amid budget cuts, When you read the story it came out that the Dept didn't hire anybody but sent two detectives to fire investigators school.
                It comes down to in the morning most people just read the headlines and not the stories (unless it interest them) then make their opinions by what the headline said.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  Someone also needs to point out to that genius that TV doesn't write headlines.

Opps. Done and done.
                  Opps? Speacial Opps? Head of football Opps?

Genius indeed.

Opps.

Just playing.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Did anyone notice this in his blog:

"The Coyote men's basketball team is in the beginning stages of a six-game homestand. The best team they'll face is probably Southwest Minnesota State, although Minnesota-Duluth is also making a visit."

It's the start of the fourth paragraph down.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      Opps? Speacial Opps? Head of football Opps?

Genius indeed.

Opps.

Just playing.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I guess Oops just isn't a term we have to use nearly as often as they do at the u.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                      X