Twins Pennant push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins Pennant push

Thought we needed a thread to discuss specifically this issue. Tough series against a decent but struggling Red Sox team. Then the O's who are terrible before returning home vs KC for 4 games and the other Sox for the last 3.

I look for the Twins to wrap up a wild card spot early in the homestand. Then, its a push for the division title and maybe even the best record and homefield advantage. Wishful, perhaps, possible, for sure.

Of course, the only thing they control is the game they are playing. I'm hoping for 2/3 vs Boston and 2/3 vs the O's. That should get the magic # down to 2 or less.

Sure makes my evening more exciting and yes, my life is that boring.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Twins Pennant push

Originally posted by jackmd

Makes my evenings too MD.  It's a good thing the Twins are doing well because I need a little cheering up after following my two favorite football squads this year (Jacks and Miami Dolphins)!  :'(
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Twins are 3 outs away from clinching at least the wild card spot. They lead K.C. 8-1 going into the 9th inning. Chicago already has lost 14-1 to the Cleveland Indians. The Twins will be 1 game behind Detroit. Go get'em Twins.

Comment

It's quite fitting for the Royals to lose to Detroit and watch them clinch a post-season spot last night, then turn around and do the same thing for the Twins the next day.

Wait 'til next year . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          Thought we needed a thread to discuss specifically this issue.  Tough series against a decent but struggling Red Sox team.  Then the O's who are terrible before returning home vs KC for 4 games and the other Sox for the last 3.

I look for the Twins to wrap up a wild card spot early in the homestand.  Then, its a push for the division title and maybe even the best record and homefield advantage.  Wishful, perhaps, possible, for sure.

Of course, the only thing they control is the game they are playing.  I'm hoping for 2/3 vs Boston and 2/3 vs the O's.  That should get the magic # down to 2 or less.

The wild-card clinch is completed. Now we need to make a run for the division title. Johan tonight with 2 more games against KC. Then, the hated Sox who will be looking to spoil things for the Twins. Man, TR really seems to know how to make things work without the advantage of limitless funding.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Twins win the AL Central beating the White Sox 5 to 1 and Detroit losing to Kansas City 10 to 8 in 12 innings. It has been a great weekend Twins win the AL Central, Jacks win in dramatic fashion and the yotes are shut out.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbitdw
              Twins win the AL Central beating the White Sox 5 to 1 and Detroit losing to Kansas City 10 to 8 in 12 innings. It has been a great weekend Twins win the AL Central, Jacks win in dramatic fashion and the yotes are shut out.
              Everybody, repeat after me: Thank you, Kansas City Royals!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                Everybody, repeat after me:  Thank you, Kansas City Royals!  
                Listened to the last several innings on my way home from Omaha. Great win for the Royals, nice way to end a dismal season.

Twins deserve so much credit. Mauer is the batting champ, Santana ought to win the Cy Young and Morneau will get some votes for MVP. Wish I could have Tuesday off.

Comment

Unbelivable, I just looked in the paper and saw that the Twins won the division. I left the house when Detroit was up 7-4 in the 8th inning and figured it was over.

Huge thanks to the Royals who were 1-14 against Detroit going into that series and they sweep the Tigers! What an emotional boost for the Twins and a let down for the Tigers.

Now, I have to find some way to get a ticket to the game Tuesday because I'm going to be in the Cities on business!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                    Now, I have to find some way to get a ticket to the game Tuesday because I'm going to be in the Cities on business!

SUPERBUNNY
                    Should not be a problem. I am sure there will be tickets at the gate (not great seats) and plenty of scalpers. I have showed up for a couple of playoff games through the years and always found a decent ticket for a decent price.

Comment

First pitch is nearing. I've got my radio in the office. Need a win with Santana on the mound in the dome.

Comment

Working...
                      X