• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Recruiting Class

Verbal Commitments (Bold if signed National Letter of Intent):
    R.C. Kilgore - LB/S - Cottage Grove, MN (9/15/2008) - Terry's Blog
    Alex Parker - OL - Brookings, SD (12/3/2008) - Brookings Register, ESPN.com
    Trevor Tiefenthaler - WR - Sioux Central HS, IA (12/31/2008) - Terry's Blog
    Eric Koehlmoos - S - Pierce HS, NE (1/4/2009) - Terry's Blog, Terry's Blog (2), ESPN.com
    Jake Weiss - LB - Roosevelt HS, Sioux Falls, SD (1/8/2009) - Argus Article, Rivals.com
    Chase Douglas - OL - Brandon Valley HS, Brandon, SD (1/13/2009) - Argus Sports Briefs
    Bryan Witzmann - OL - Somerset, WI (1/16/2009) - Rivals.com
    Josh Kage - OL - Papillion-LaVista HS, NE (1/20/2009) - Omaha World Herald
    Doug Peete - LB - Olathe North HS, Olathe, KS (1/22/2009) - Terry's Blog, Scout.com
    Pat Brown - CB/R - Bettendorf, IA (1/23/2009) - Terry's Blog, Bettendorf Football
    Vince Benedetto - TE - Crystal Lake South HS, Illinois (1/27/2009) - Terry's Blog
    Walker Woods - RB - Waukee, IA (1/27/2009) - Terry's Blog, ESPN.com
    *Josh Jones - DB - Hickman Hills HS - Kansas City, MO (2/4/2009) - Scout.com
    *Giannia Washington-Parker - DE - Lake View Terrace, CA (2/4/2009) - MaxPreps.com
    *Malik Humphries - DE - Moreno Valley/Rancho Verde HS, CA (2/4/2009) - Rivals.com

* Signess we did not know about previous to the Feb. 4th, 2009 signing day.

Transfers (bold if confirmed on signing day):
    Mike Whittier - QB - Webster Groves HS, MO/Air Force (1/14/2009) - Argus Article
    Lee Mondol - QB - Ventura, CA, Ventura College (1/22/2009) - Terry's Blog

Walk-Ons (bold if confirmed on signing day):
    Mason Winterboer - RB - Brookings, SD (1/27/2009) - In the print version of the Brookings Register, confirmed by Terry in the Argus signing day blog.

Terry Vandrovec of the Argus Leader is also keeping an updated list of commitments here.
    The official release from SDSU on all the signings is here.

NOTE: I had to remove the interest and other schools list as this post was getting to long for the fan board software so it wasn't allowing me to post. MODS....any chance that restriction can be removed for this particular post or my account?
    Last edited by BTownJack; 02-09-2009, 11:16 AM.

Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Does anybody know if we are going after Chase Douglas out of Brandon? That kid is freakishly good. I've heard he has been in contact with Iowa and Minnesota, but don't know the extent of that contact.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

what about the QB from Arizona, can't remember what his name his

Comment

A recruiting update from Terry in his blog post yesterday. Considering there is only 9 or 10 scholarships available would explain why the verbals are coming in slower than previous years. My bet is that we are taking our time with who we offer to make sure we get the most out of the scholasrhips we do have.

The SDSU football program has nine or 10 scholarships available this year, according to coach John Stiegelmeier, a somewhat low number that is the result of having a fairly small senior class. And only seven offers have been extended so far. "We're not slow, but we try to get to know a kid," Stiegelmeier said. "To offer a kid and not know him is not doing your job."

The Jacks will recruit at every position with the biggest needs (literally) being on the lines and at quarterback, Stiegelmeier said, as the status of senior-to-be Ryan Crawford won't really be known for six months following an injury in the win at NDSU. But former third-stringer Corey Jeske will remain at safety, meaning freshman Thomas O'Brien could be the only quarterback on the roster come spring ball. Stiegelmeier said that O'Brien did very well during his redshirt year in both throwing and leading. But that's not to say he's necessarily ready to play. "I think we have to look at all possibilities; for a freshman to come in and play, that'd be pretty tough," Stiegelmeier said. "I've got a lto of faith in Thomas, but you've got to have some depth. We're going to look at junior college guys, we're going to look at transfers, and my hope and prayer is that Ryan is healthy."

SDSU had six recruits on campus this weekend, and former Central Florida quarterback Nate Tice - son of NFL coach Mike Tice - appeared to be paired with commit Alex Parker, an offensive lineman from Brookings.
        The Jacks will make recruiting visits in Texas and California this week. Offensive assistant Don Bailey, who impressed many SDSU players in his first year on staff, is going to handle the ladder.

(read more)

Comment

Anyone know what guys have offers so far?

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
            Anyone know what guys have offers so far?
            I've changed the list above to reflect who I know we have offers out to. I know there are more than just the one but I haven't had time to research everyone on the above "considering" list. If anyone wants to Google search the rest of them to confirm an offer has been extended I will update the list.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              I've changed the list above to reflect who I know we have offers out to. I know there are more than just the one but I haven't had time to research everyone on the above "considering" list. If anyone wants to Google search the rest of them to confirm an offer has been extended I will update the list.
              Jake Knott has an offer from us as well as Wyoming, Army, UNI, UND, and USD http://iowapreps.rivals.com/viewpros...1&pr_key=74173

Chris Vandervest might, I found an article saying he has took an official visit to SDSU or planned to but he didn't say whether he had an offer or not.

Here is who has offers out to the guys on the list

Zach Cutkomp- UNI
              Alez Tweedy- CSU
              Ethen Hemmer- UNI, USD
              Cole Jirik- NDSU, Western Michigan
              Ryan Givens- Illinois St. NDSU, USD
              Tyler Gimmestad- USD, UND, UNI, NDSU
              Brooks Mosier- Army, Ill. St. USD, CSU
              Kelon Richardson- USD
              Jordon Gacke- USD, Wyoming
              Mike Zimmer- USD, Ill. St.

USD has 8 offers out in Wisconsin alone...

Don't we have a offer out to another lineman from Brookings?
              Last edited by joeboo22; 12-09-2008, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Meh, I wouldn't be worried about only knowing about two verbals so far - I've been following NDSU football for decades and I'd say two verbals at this point is just about average (I mean, on Sunday, NDSU only had one known verbal).

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  Jake Knott has an offer from us as well as Wyoming, Army, UNI, UND, and USD http://iowapreps.rivals.com/viewpros...1&pr_key=74173
                  Thanks for this one Joeboo...I was able to find one more on Rivals.com as well. I also added a couple more to the "considering" list.

Comment

Add QB Matt Inman from Arizona.

Bottom of 2nd article from bottom:
                    http://recruitinggems.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/

"*Yuma Catholic’s Matt Inman became the first in-state quarterback to land an offer when South Dakota State extended him an offer recently. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      Add QB Matt Inman from Arizona.

Bottom of 2nd article from bottom:
                      http://recruitinggems.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/

"*Yuma Catholic’s Matt Inman became the first in-state quarterback to land an offer when South Dakota State extended him an offer recently. "
                      Got it...thanks for the find. That leaves 2-3 offers out there that we aren't aware of.

Comment

Looks like we can remove Tyler Gimmestad, the OL from Marshall from the list.

http://iowastate.rivals.com/viewpros...1&pr_key=87488

He has verbally committed to NDSU as of today according to Rivals.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Looks like we can remove Tyler Gimmestad, the OL from Marshall from the list.

http://iowastate.rivals.com/viewpros...1&pr_key=87488

He has verbally committed to NDSU as of today according to Rivals.
                          Good find KULawJack! I've updated the list and also sorted the list by position.

Comment

Sucks we lost Gimmestad. I hate it that we lose picks to NDSU right out of our own backyard. Drives me bonkers!!!
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              Sucks we lost Gimmestad. I hate it that we lose picks to NDSU right out of our own backyard. Drives me bonkers!!!
                              Agreed...I did just look at our roster though and we have 15 offensive lineman on the roster...I think we are okay at that position!

Comment

Working...
                              X