coach sarvis leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coach sarvis leaving

South Dakota State assistant Rob Sarvis is leaving the program after four years. Coach John Stiegelmeier said the Jackrabbits will look to hire a new defensive line coach, but that the special-teams duties that also had been handled by Sarvis will likely be given to an assistant already on staff

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008

Re: coach sarvis leaving

Anyone know where or why?

Someone please start the "he's leaving because SDSU only offers one year contracts and doesn't pay their assistants enough" dialogue. I love that.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
      Anyone know where or why?

Someone please start the "he's leaving because SDSU only offers one year contracts and doesn't pay their assistants enough" dialogue. I love that.
      Okay I will bite. Its all of the above, but its not my problem to solve. You guys with the big bucks could solve this problem if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Okay I will bite. Its all of the above, but its not my problem to solve. You guys with the big bucks could solve this problem if you wanted to.
        Until I find a new job I've got no bucks to help this problem

It just seems like whenever a coach leaves the same "arguments" come up - that it's about money and contract length rather than the pure fact that
        1. There was a better job offer
        2. The coach is getting out of coaching
        3. The coach really didn't like SDSU and just had to leave
        I know, #3 is a remote possibility because Brookings and SDSU are utopia.

Someday Nidaros you'll be able to contribute like the big dogs, just keep saving those pennies

Editorial note before someone jumps all over me, I know for a fact that Nidaros is a fantastic supporter of SDSU and it's athletic teams.

Comment

That's unfortunate as Rob has done a great job here at SDSU. He will be missed. I don't know much about the last two assistant coaches that have been hired but SDSU has always found a way to improve when an assistant has left. Money or not this will be an attractive position for someone looking to move up the ladder.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
            That's unfortunate as Rob has done a great job here at SDSU. He will be missed. I don't know much about the last two assistant coaches that have been hired but SDSU has always found a way to improve when an assistant has left. Money or not this will be an attractive position for someone looking to move up the ladder.
            That's a great comment because SDSU needs those upward mobile assistants to help continually grow the program. This isn't a Penn State or Florida State where assistants should be hanging around for 40 years waiting for their big chance to be the head guy. I honestly feel that in the last five years Stig has done a great job of hiring assistants from outside of the SDSU fraternity of coaches who are those upward mobile types looking to make and impact on a program and move onto the next great thing. Look at the team's progress over the past five years and I think you see the results of Stig's hiring efforts. Prior to that most of the coaches had a tie to SDSU (usually former GA's).

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
              from outside of the SDSU fraternity
              I think this is just as important as what I have said.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

I don't think Coach Stig and Coach Sarvis ever saw eye-to-eye. To his credit, Coach Sarvis did a great job while he was here. Best of luck to him. I hear there are some very good people who are interested in the job.

Not sure why there's so much acrimony in this thread. People leave for lots of different reasons. It's just part of the deal.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

pretty sure he didn't leave, he got the axe

Comment

On what basis?
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                      where did you get this information from?

Comment

Axed or Ettered?

Comment

He won't be the only one leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            He won't be the only one leaving.
                            Interesting.....

Can't wait to see what's coming...

Comment

That's the kind of thing we can never know for sure. Was he given the opportunity to resign? Did he resign on his own? Only he and Stig know for sure, and as far as I'm concerned, it's between the two of them. I have total confidence in Coach Stig to run his program as he sees fit. He's got things going in the right direction and should have whatever staff he wants.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X