Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orne Named to MVC All-Newcomer Team

As reported on www.gojacks.com today:

South Dakota State University offensive lineman Woody Orne is the Jackrabbits' lone representative on the 2008 Missouri Valley Football Conference All-Newcomer Team.

A redshirt freshman from Fairfield, Iowa, Orne played in 10 games with six starts. He started at right tackle in the last five games of the season, helping the Jackrabbits to a 4-1 record down the stretch. Orne was part of an offensive unit that led league in passing offense (267.7 ypg), total offense (405.2 ypg) and scoring offense (35.6) as SDSU set a school record with 427 points scored.

(read more)

Re: Orne Named to MVC All-Newcomer Team

Good honor for him. Expect big things from him in the future.

Comment

What an honor, and if our opponents felt he had potential then he does. To be honest, I hardly knew he was on the field, but I dont watch the line like I should to be knowledgeable of everything going on. I suspect most of the old linemen do and have noted Woody's accompolishments.

Comment

The first time I noticed Woody start a game was against McNeese. On the first offensive play his guy went right past him and had the sack against Berry that caused the fumble. For the next few series they had tight ends and backs chipping on the guy to help Woody out but by the end of the game he was on his own again.

Its great that he has caught the attention of the conference coaches. It would be nice to have that dominant O-Line that we've all become accustomed to and it looks like Woody could be a big part of that.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
        X