So. Utah Thumps Oakland??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So. Utah Thumps Oakland??

Is anyone else as surprised by this score/outcome as I am??

Oakland 66 Southern Utah 82

If anything, I think it's going to be a very interesting year in the Summit! At this point I've got to give the nod to NDSU, and they really haven't shown me much either.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: So. Utah Thumps Oakland??

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Is anyone else as surprised by this score/outcome as I am??

Oakland 66 Southern Utah 82

If anything, I think it's going to be a very interesting year in the Summit! At this point I've got to give the nod to NDSU, and they really haven't shown me much either.

Go Jacks!!
    Yes, I saw that while cruising Bisonville last night. That was a SHOCKER! I had pegged Oakland as the team to beat, and they get blown out in Cedar City?!

This conference may not have a super representative to the NCAA this year, but the in conference games may all be contests.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Yes, I saw that while cruising Bisonville last night. That was a SHOCKER! I had pegged Oakland as the team to beat, and they get blown out in Cedar City?!

This conference may not have a super representative to the NCAA this year, but the in conference games may all be contests.
      It seemed to be a bit of a down year if you ask me in the league with a lot of teams losing a lot of their bigtime players. It will be ineteresting to see how even the league is which im guessing it will be rather competitive. Just hope the men can be on the upper half of things in the league. with someteams still senior heavy rosters they will be down maybe a bit next year which with that year experience Davis hopeuflly healthy with the madison kids, we could really suprise um next year. not this year but next year possibly.

EDIT: After i check i notice there are not as many SR heavy rosters as i thought there was a few, like NDSU but a few with JR heavy and several with younger players.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The coach that SUU picked up last year has quite a resume as a coach and includes being head coach at BYU. I remember Nagy saying in one post game show that he had a great deal of respect for this coach. It looks already he has got the program moving in a new direction. Not too surprised, but good for SUU.

Comment

I've been noticing more than just that score out of SUU this year and they are a very formidable team. It appears Centenary and UMKC, maybe IPFW are the teams the Jacks are going to have to be above to get to Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
            I've been noticing more than just that score out of SUU this year and they are a very formidable team. It appears Centenary and UMKC, maybe IPFW are the teams the Jacks are going to have to be above to get to Sioux Falls.
            UMKC and Centenary have bad teams and bad programs. We absolutely must finish ahead of those 2 or we can definitely label the SDSU program the same way. Nagy knows this and has not intention to finish any lower than 8th.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SUU will win at home.... they have probably the best home court advantage in the Summit, they play at altitude you have to fly into Nevada I think and then bus like 3 hours to get there.....

I look at IUPUI, IPFW, UMKC, Centenary, and WIU to be the ones that the men can beat this year if they play good SUU (AT HOME).... NDSU, Oral Roberts, and Oakland will need to have things fall more there way to have a chance.

UMKC has played pretty good this year but I think are beatable, IPFW lost to Indiana who has more baseball players then basketball players on there roster.... Centenary and WIU are pretty bad.... SUU is beatable at home again I don't see to many teams beating them at home.

Comment

Working...
              X