Its official ND 60 USeD 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its official ND 60 USeD 30

Oops, its only halftime. No ****, halftime.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Its official ND 60 USeD 30

I wonder if USD's men's team is going to follow a similar path as SDSU's men in the transition -- maybe worse (I think our schedule the first couple of years was a little tougher).

Comment

I gotta give them a little credit. ND is just bombing away and shooting pretty darn good, of course not having a hand in your face makes the shots a lot easier.

USeD is trying to hang in there, trying being the key word. They had it down to about 20. Now 96-69 ND. They are breaking all kind of records at ND tonight. I'd say embarrassing but that doesn't even do it justice.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

ND 102, USD 76

The quality of the (free) video is excellent.

Comment

Coyotes WIN the 2nd half 46-42!!! So, both teams won one half. Hence, it wasn't really a loss for the coys. ND should be embarrassed, Post U put up the same amount of points as ND.

Comment

USeD(I like that one MD!) did win the 2nd half I'll give them that and still lost by 26? I would say that was the definition of letting off the accelerator by ND? Can you imagine if their Big Man Harangody(sp?) played?? Yikes.

Welcome to D-1 Yotes...you'll take bigger lumps than that one, I'll guarantee it.

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Just heard this, the Irish basketball team scored more against USD than the Irish football team has scored in their last 5 games. Not sure which one is worse, the Yotes giving up 102 or the Irish not being able to score 102 in 5 games. I'm going with the Irish football team, you get 7 points for a touchdown for Pete's sake. And Charlie and his high profile offense is coming back next year. It feels so good to be an Irish fan right now...

Sorry for the mini-rant, just frustrated with the Irish right now.

Comment

Really not surprised by the out-come. Notre Dame is a good team. Don't know what most people expected outta this game but I would have been shocked if it was within 20. Number 7 team in the country vs. basically a DII team. A talented team for DII and even a talented team for a lower level division 1 team, but this is also a team that hasn't put it together yet. 2 years ago they could sit in that zone because they had Little and Grimsley up top who were 6'5'' and 6'6''. Now with Louie and Begs and Becker as the guards they don't have the size to extend the zone. I think they could def play some man as Becker and Louie are pretty quick and you also have Tyler Cain to sit back there and bail anyone out.

After the results of the last couple games I really didn't expect much outta this one. I was hoping it would be a little closer, but I'm not completely shocked by the score. They have the talent, but they need to start gelling. Oh well, hopefully it will be a learning experience. They won't have anyone on the schedule that hard this year.

Just a question, who were some of the notable teams SDSU faced in their first transition year?
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm not sure how you can call them a talented D-II team. They have lost their 2 D-II games. Now a talented NAIA team I would buy, they have won those games.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    Just a question, who were some of the notable teams SDSU faced in their first transition year?
                    Marquette, Butler, Manhattan, SDSU and Colorado were the biggest name teams we played in the first year. We got beat by an average of about 20. Colorado and Butler both hammered us. Remember, we weren't pretending to be anything but a depleted DII team in a DI world. Many will forget (as they should) we lost to Wayne St (twice) and Southwest Minnesota St. that year.

The next year we played Kentucky, Illinois, Minnesota, Marquette, Butler, Manhattan and pretty well got hammered by the bigger name teams. We barely beat Southwest Minnesota State.

The next year we barely beat Southwest Minnesota State got beat 105-50 against Kent State and our biggest game was against Minnesota. If you recall Nagy said the previous years schedule was just too tough and things would be better, they weren't.

Last year we beat Northern Iowa and lost to Minnesota by only 6. We didn't lose to Southwest Minnesota St (good thing) but we did lose to Centenary to end the season.

Moral of the story, transition sucks big time and your performance/ability at the DII level is not relevant. So, get use to the ass kicking disappointments and eat your words. All the laughing at our expense will be returned two-fold. You get what you deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                      I'm not sure how you can call them a talented D-II team. They have lost their 2 D-II games. Now a talented NAIA team I would buy, they have won those games.
                      They played tough against Cornell. And if you honestly don't think they are a talented D2 team you are kidding yourself. I mean look at the roster objectively. Louie could have gone D1 at a lot of other schools and I'm sure SDSU would love to have him leading their offense. Imagine him running the point with Callahan and Kai. Tyler Cain is a beast. Dylan Grimsley is also a stud. The rest are solid D2 players.

Like I stated in my post before, they have not been playing well at all and need to start putting together some better games.

But honestly if you think calling them a talented D2 team is a big stretch you need to take off the blue and yellow colored glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Marquette, Butler, Manhattan, SDSU and Colorado were the biggest name teams we played in the first year. We got beat by an average of about 20. Colorado and Butler both hammered us. Remember, we weren't pretending to be anything but a depleted DII team in a DI world. Many will forget (as they should) we lost to Wayne St (twice) and Southwest Minnesota St. that year.

The next year we played Kentucky, Illinois, Minnesota, Marquette, Butler, Manhattan and pretty well got hammered by the bigger name teams. We barely beat Southwest Minnesota State.

The next year we barely beat Southwest Minnesota State got beat 105-50 against Kent State and our biggest game was against Minnesota. If you recall Nagy said the previous years schedule was just too tough and things would be better, they weren't.

Last year we beat Northern Iowa and lost to Minnesota by only 6. We didn't lose to Southwest Minnesota St (good thing) but we did lose to Centenary to end the season.

Moral of the story, transition sucks big time and your performance/ability at the DII level is not relevant. So, get use to the ass kicking disappointments and eat your words. All the laughing at our expense will be returned two-fold. You get what you deserve.
                        Thanks for the answer, I don't expect it to be a pretty period but I have faith in Boots and Joey James. The rest of the athletic department? Zero faith. Other then Meirkort.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          But honestly if you think calling them a talented D2 team is a big stretch you need to take off the blue and yellow colored glasses.
                          Talented individuals? Maybe. But a team? I don't think so. They proved that last year.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Talented individuals? Maybe. But a team? I don't think so. They proved that last year.
                            True. That team had a lot of hype and I have no idea what happened. The exact same team that almost took out Winona two years ago.

I think you make a very fair point. That team has a lot of talented individuals, but they are not a talented team at this point. Do I think they can be? Of course, but they will have to play better D.

Comment

Okay, Coyote Fan, we know you're reading this stuff. I read the smack threads more out of duty than for "enjoyment". So, Coyote Fan, you claim to be objective, just telling us the facts. What's your objective assessment about this early stage in the Coyotes' transition? Weren't you one who laughed pretty hard at the Jackrabbits?

Comment

Working...
                              X