Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap'n Cat VERY Impressed with Jacks' First Conf Showing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap'n Cat VERY Impressed with Jacks' First Conf Showing!

Attaboys and attagirls all around. First year in the conference and your guys go 6-2?!?

Looking forward to decades of UNI/SDSU games!!!! Hope you're proud!

Edit: Remember, if you ever do anything in the conference, always beat Youngstown State so as to aid in the expediency of their departure from our hallowed league.

Re: Cap'n Cat VERY Impressed with Jacks' First Conf Showing!

Thanks Cap. Hopefully, they can find a way to get by UNI (0-3 now) one of these years.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Capn: If you chased Youngstown out, which team is the likely replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Capn: If you chased Youngstown out, which team is the likely replacement?
        Hell, I don't know. UND and USD have their wet noses up to the window, though.

Comment

Hey Capn make sure you tell your Panther friends to get tickets for next year's game early. It's Hobo Day and always draws a large crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
            Hey Capn make sure you tell your Panther friends to get tickets for next year's game early. It's Hobo Day and always draws a large crowd.
            No, no, no, it's OK to wait until the VERY LAST MINUTE to get your tickets, Cap'n!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
              Hell, I don't know. UND and USD have their wet noses up to the window, though.

I'm not following... what's the basis for wanting to chase Youngstown out?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                You need to know CapNCat....

I think he had the misfortune of playing them (he's ex UNI panther (lineman?)) when the Penguins won their National titles, and also kept UNI from the Gateway titles those years.

He is ALWAYS anti-'Guins, even to his pick'em disadvantage.

So he doesn't really WANT them out, he's just just being his normal self. Regarding replacements for the YSU in the MVFC, likely replacements would be......

Wichita St (if bring back football)
                Eastern IL (they were members before, and may be enticed again)
                USD (closer than UND)
                UND (better program than USD, in general)

I'd like to see In St schedule some of the transitionals, they maybe could pull a win.

Comment

ahh, ok. Making sure I didn't miss something.

Comment

ahh, ok. Making sure I didn't miss something.

No, Rabid is a bit off. When Cap'n Cat played, He was 1-0 against Youngstown State. We beat them in '84 at their place. Didn't play them until a few years later after I was gone. UNI won the first Gateway championship in my senior year - undefeated. YSU was independent. UNI beat them in the '87 playoffs, too.

Youngstown NEVER won a Gateway title. Technically, they were the third team in a three-way tie back in '05 or something, but they were lame and did not get into the playoffs. Go to their website and mention "Lafayette" (who got in in front of them and got pummeled) and they start to twitch.

The feud goes back to about 2001 when the admin of their board banned me a few times for being more popular than him on his own message board!

Nevermind that I always remind them about losing to UNI for eight years in a row now!

Bless their hearts!!

Comment

They're not a midwestern team, primarily. And they blow.

Comment

Working...
                      X