Elite 45 Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite 45 Team

Here is the Argus Elite 45 Team article. The captain is Earv Archambeau and Mick wrote a great article, probably his best work ever. The story pulls at the heart strings big time and reminds us all what we have to be thankful for today. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...NTPAGECAROUSEL
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Re: Elite 45 Team

Is there a link to the entire team as I was not able to find one. I'm sure there listed on the print version.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Is there a link to the entire team as I was not able to find one. I'm sure there listed on the print version.
      http://www.argusleader.com/graphics/elite45/2008.pdf

That is the whole list.

Comment

I do wonder how many on that list are potential SDSU recruits. There seems to be a few that could be great for us.

Comment

I read the print version today and I couldn't find much of anything about what some of these guys are thinking as far as college. It did mention in the big article about Archambeau that he is leaning toward USD at this time. Makes me wonder if we've shown any interest in him.

Comment

I know that Stig visited Earv during his Jr. year but can't say if there has been an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              I read the print version today and I couldn't find much of anything about what some of these guys are thinking as far as college. It did mention in the big article about Archambeau that he is leaning toward USD at this time. Makes me wonder if we've shown any interest in him.
              Haven't they included that information in prior years? Why would they leave it out. Seems like an obvious question to ask.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Haven't they included that information in prior years? Why would they leave it out. Seems like an obvious question to ask.
                That's exactly what I thought. I remember reading possible college options for these guys in year's past. This year they had a quote by the high school coach for every kid. I can't say I disagree with including that quote but they were all of the "he's a great player/kid" flavor.

Comment

I would hope we would have some minor interest in Preston Harris from Harrisburg. Great defensive instincts, and he is on Harrisburg's state championship 4x100 relay team. Has the frame to put some major muscle on, most likely a DB in college.

Comment

Earv is a great guy, I've known him for quite a while and he is the guy they talk about in the article.... Sometimes articles don't tell the whole story but this one did..... Stig gave an un-official offer to him and his teammate Matt Dykstra As far as USD, I think right now its USD because his brother goes there and hes friends with a few of there players.... I think he'll go to minnesota but I'm still trying to twist his arm into SDSU....

Comment

Kind of suprised to see Winterboer didn't make it, the kid had over 1,600 yards on the ground, which is a BHS record.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        Kind of suprised to see Winterboer didn't make it, the kid had over 1,600 yards on the ground, which is a BHS record.
                        He was on the "special mention" list. I don't know if that list is included in the online version but I did see it in the print version. There was probably another 30-40 guys on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          Stig gave an un-official offer to him and his teammate Matt Dykstra
                          What is an un-official offer??? Seems to me Stig would either have to offer a scholarship or not, or offer to walk-on or not. I'm so confused...
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                            What is an un-official offer??? Seems to me Stig would either have to offer a scholarship or not, or offer to walk-on or not. I'm so confused...
                            The way I understood it.... was that SDSU doesn't offer scholarships to juniors.... What he did was he told them that they will offer as soon as they are seniors.... Its confusing, its what earv told me, he said that they told there coach (tom oster) that they have an unofficial offer.... its confused me, but thats what Earv personally told me.....

Comment

On the argus sports page http://www.argusleader.com/section/sports , below the Pigskin Picks on the right hand side, in the video section, there is a video of Earv talking about some HS games, as well as where he is considering attending college.

"....weighing into SDSU, USD right now, Minnesota State is kinda in the running too..."
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X